Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: THROTTLE BODY IS CLOSING E39A Buick Verano T(urbo)

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Time, ah, time being the enemy here
    It's a tough job being Top Dog in the tuning software business! Keep it up!

Don't want to see any of this:

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    EagleMark, I really appreciate what you are saying! I do however realize that despite my very good relationship and friendship with EFILive, the car may simply not be a priority due to it's rareness and tons of other way bigger projects.

But I will be owning and racing this for a while. So thank you for your kindness and support, but all I can do is try and whine, and try not to tick off my dear friends too much.
    !
    Sometimes they may take me wrong as trying to tick them off... but that is far from truth and my motive. I'm taking my time to give them a push when I suggest these things and should always be taken in a positive manner! Or I wouldn't waste my time.

Although we do disagree about updates on older vehicles? EFI Live thinks they are to old, dead and gone, where I see them popping up all the time more and more. Rarely do I get an original owner of a new car that wants it messed with, yes there are a few. But second owners, third owners etc... 10 and 20 year old they keep coming! Whole vehicles and engine transplants to classic cars. There are some parts of the country like the winter salt the roads belt that cars just don't last that long. But others where a vehicle is cared for can look like new 10-20 years old which may have something to do with it?

For statistics? Last year I did over 50 1987-95 OBDI TBI engines, second in line was 96-00 Vortec engines, then LS based engines.
    Last edited by EagleMark; January 29th, 2014 at 09:25 AM.

There's someone transplanting an LS1 into a Prius (see LS1tech.com)...

lol, if you want to drag race, this may actually be a viable option (need some funds, parts, time, fabrication), you can make it look sleeper, it will be dead simple to tune, and you will really rip ET's/TS's.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    There's someone transplanting an LS1 into a Prius (see LS1tech.com)...

lol, if you want to drag race, this may actually be a viable option (need some funds, parts, time, fabrication), you can make it look sleeper, it will be dead simple to tune, and you will really rip ET's/TS's.
    Good one Joe

Might be easier to do than keeping my car's throttle open during WOT... :(
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Lifetime Member

Random idea - not sure if the E39A has (or EFILive have mapped) the MAP sensor parameters. What I am referring too are the scale / offset values that you would change in an LS1B PCM when changing over to a 2 bar or 3 bar MAP sensor. If so, then you could potentially reduce the MAP signal without actually having to replace it. This might "limit" the actual boost signal that the ECM is seeing.

Will try that! Wondering about effect on fueling though.

Might be easier to do than keeping my car's throttle open during WOT... :(
    You've tried all sorts of tricks and found it is torque management reducing TPS position. How does the ECM/TCM calculate this? If it has something to do with MAP signal the above may work... but who knows what ill effects it would have.

For another trick a string tied to throttle blades and give it a yank during WOT runs? Or even some wiring with voltage to over ride what it's being told to do? Heck it might work for now and see what kind of times that thing would really do... can you see the looks on faces of people watching you closely with this project when you knock another second off ET?

Lifetime Member

Will try that! Wondering about effect on fueling though.

Yes, fuel and or spark. I haven't looked at an E39A tune, but was hoping that since pretty much everything is based of MAF, all the fueling and spark would still be looking for an air flow value (MAF), while the boost controller was still watching MAP.

Well, now the ATS I am tuning is doing this as well since I have gained a lot of power with it. Now I know for a fact that those who have successfully tuned the ATS have encountered this issue and are keeping silent. This is not a turbo A/R combination or tuning secret. Desired boost fluctuates and is too low causing any respectable amount of boost to overshoot the target and immediately shut the throttle. Somebody please help. I need to figure this out. I was humiliated at PBIR running a 14.3 @ 96 mph. I JUST need the throttle open 84% at 24 psi and I will figure out all the rest. Please, if you know how to raise Desired Boost - help. I have maxed out every limiter and tried every table in engine and tranny. Even when the settings that would obviously raise Desired Boost and do are adjusted, it still drops like a rock.It fluctuates and only wants about 15 psi or less when the car is desperate for 25. Is it in the P.I.D controller? Is it in the Map / Baro ratio or Delta pressure change? I have tried and small moves but after literally 200 re-flashed nothing (except for low boost that makes no power) keeps the throttle open on either of these cars. There is no knock and I have maxed out the S/C airflow table even. The trans. torque settings are maxed out in the ATS's T43. wtf??

Unhappy

Well, now the ATS I am tuning is doing this as well since I have gained a lot of power with it. Now I know for a fact that those who have successfully tuned the ATS have encountered this issue and are keeping silent. This is not a turbo A/R combination or tuning secret. Desired boost fluctuates and is too low causing any respectable amount of boost to overshoot the target and immediately shut the throttle. Somebody please help. I need to figure this out. I was humiliated at PBIR running a 14.3 @ 96 mph. I JUST need the throttle open 84% at 24 psi and I will figure out all the rest. Please, if you know how to raise Desired Boost - help. I have maxed out every limiter and tried every table in engine and tranny. Even when the settings that would obviously raise Desired Boost and do are adjusted, it still drops like a rock.It fluctuates and only wants about 15 psi or less when the car is desperate for 25. Is it in the P.I.D controller? Is it in the Map / Baro ratio or Delta pressure change? I have tried and small moves but after literally 200 re-flashed nothing (except for low boost that makes no power) keeps the throttle open on either of these cars. There is no knock and I have maxed out the S/C airflow table even. The trans. torque settings are maxed out in the ATS's T43. wtf??
    Here is a screenshot and a log of the ATS "doing it" last night. Somebody pleeeaase SOS (Save Our Slips)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	335.png 
Views:	209 
Size:	174.6 KB 
ID:	16355  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast