Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: THROTTLE BODY IS CLOSING E39A Buick Verano T(urbo)

Default and his stupid twin too

And here is the timeslip and the actual log of the run for the Veranslow:

I am providing everything I possibly can to get some help here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (1).jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	671.8 KB 
ID:	16357  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

I'm the owner of the ATS Boost has been tuning, and damn it can move like a bat out of hell (a friend's words) but this has literally crippled it. I don't have much to input as I am very inexperienced but I'd just like to say any info would be greatly appreciated!

Im going to add this again. There are more issues than just what Boost is describing.. I have a 13 E39a with a 6spd manual trans, and there is MASSIVE torque reduction in 1st gear and at low speeds that I can not find a single item in the software to change that.... Anything 5mph and below, there is almost no torque allowed. Then through first gear a huge reduction is in place. Next time on the dyno I will do a pull in 1st gear (if I can get the tires to stick) and then "trick" it into thinking it is in 3rd gear and do a pull just to get a measure differance. This torque limit with the manual at least seems to be based on vehicle speed, which I am sure the pcm is using vehicle speed to calculate what manual gear it is in.. Whats also strange is the GS has a "GS" mode button which greatly increases throttle response and boost response time. However the only separate mode tables in the calibration are the torque response tables. Which don't seem to be related to what ever "mode" selected at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet35th View Post
    Im going to add this again. There are more issues than just what Boost is describing.. I have a 13 E39a with a 6spd manual trans, and there is MASSIVE torque reduction in 1st gear and at low speeds that I can not find a single item in the software to change that.... Anything 5mph and below, there is almost no torque allowed. Then through first gear a huge reduction is in place. Next time on the dyno I will do a pull in 1st gear (if I can get the tires to stick) and then "trick" it into thinking it is in 3rd gear and do a pull just to get a measure differance. This torque limit with the manual at least seems to be based on vehicle speed, which I am sure the pcm is using vehicle speed to calculate what manual gear it is in.. Whats also strange is the GS has a "GS" mode button which greatly increases throttle response and boost response time. However the only separate mode tables in the calibration are the torque response tables. Which don't seem to be related to what ever "mode" selected at all.
    I am sorry to hear that you are still having trouble but glad that we have another voice to plead for support. Have you pinpointed the means of reduction? Is it the THROTTLE?? I would be glad to have another look at your file to see if you missed anything. I have figured it all out except the throttle closing (again - the moment when actual boost becomes higher than the crazy ass desired). But that ruins everything.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    I am sorry to hear that you are still having trouble but glad that we have another voice to plead for support. Have you pinpointed the means of reduction? Is it the THROTTLE?? I would be glad to have another look at your file to see if you missed anything. I have figured it all out except the throttle closing (again - the moment when actual boost becomes higher than the crazy ass desired). But that ruins everything.
    Roland, one voice, 2 voices or even 20 voices isn't going to change our development plans in the immediate short term. Development for the first quarter is completely allocated, and I'm sorry to say it doesn't include E39.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

What about 300! Just kidding Cindy, we understand that and even though its not what's best in our interests its what is best for the program as a whole that matters. I'm just wondering that if there are some 400, 450, even 500 crank hp 2.0 turbo ATS on the road then maybe they ran into the same problem and must have over come it right? By the way I've really enjoyed working with Roland and using efilive. I'm looking forward to purchasing my own set up to continue playing with it well after Roland is sick of me

Haha, by all means I encourage you to pick up your own system - it's by far the best tool I've ever invested in. And Cindy thanks for the heads up, I completely understand. Still in a strange way I feel better that I am not the only one that wishes this could be explored. I have already dipped my feet in to the "other water" and looks like I'll be swimming soon. Only because there is a good possibility I can help these cars a little more that way. In time I am sure we will catch up and I can come back to my first love LOL.

I still want to know how those few allegedly EFILive exlusive cars that are allegedly out there running good have fared with this issue. I really wish Brian would comment anything on this. If nothing more, something along the lines of "yes, it's doable with the current standard available parameters but you'll never figure it out".

I have already come a long way standing by myself. I made the boost and power, I pinpointed the limitation, I realized it's not in the tranny, and I figured out exactly what it was.

All I need is either to override boost control via airflow, or raise Desired Boost. Or both. Just a hint would go a long way to point us crawling in a direction. If anyone even knows...

Default Ha!

If anyone even knows...
    So I am talking with people literally all over the world about this. Not to prove that I am not stupid, I am just desperate for a solution for everyone involved. Guess what? I thought this was maybe an easy fix and I am doing it wrong... turns out:

My sources say absolutely no one in Europe has figured this out. The best stage tunes from Germany are all mild gains limited to below serious throttle closure.

What's more, people in South and Central America that are turning to our shores for help are getting tunes sent from here that are closing the throttle!

I say we join forces and cooperate, this is a tiny tiny community. If I am the first one to find a solution, I won't be a dick!

I tried disconnecting the boost sensor this morning so it reads 0 at all times. The car drove but with no boost at all. At this point I would almost prefer that if would blindly make boost and blow up.

Ill send you what I have Boost. If tried several things. Got it to the point where it came into boost so fast that it let loose a large SNAP as the fuel wasn't there yet. Pretty much backed it way off at that point till I got it on the dyno to do it right. But too lazy to work on my own stuff LOL. But ill send you the "mild" file.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast