Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: THROTTLE BODY IS CLOSING E39A Buick Verano T(urbo)

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    If I am the first one to find a solution, I won't be a dick!
    I lied! Problem is solved TEMPORARILY (but completely). I will post details after further thorough testing. So far, the throttle DOES NOT CLOSE at all on a WOT run from 0-78 MPH. It pulls hard the entire time, including top end which is new. Intake temps are normal. Boost is 25 PSI. There is no significant knock. Mixture is pig rich.In was mostly in the tune. PM me if you must know sooner, no one cares about this anyway.

P.S. – Neener neener neeeeeener!
    Last edited by Boost; February 5th, 2014 at 09:11 AM. Reason: does not close at all EVER
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

LMAO I cant breath after reading that neener neener neeeeeener

Awesome Roland

I lied! Problem is solved TEMPORARILY (but completely). I will post details after further thorough testing. So far, the throttle DOES NOT CLOSE at all on a WOT run from 0-60 MPH. It pulls hard the entire time, including top end which is new. Intake temps are normal. Boost is 25 PSI. There is no significant knock. Mixture is pig rich.In was mostly in the tune. PM me if you must know sooner, no one cares about this anyway.

Rock out man!!!!! Now take that car on a road trip up to Minnesota. Should be able to cut off some serious 1/4 ETs in our -10 degree weather.

Actually, as soon as I get to the LOCAL track I will be instantly redeemed. The car is pig rich and pretty low on power - still pulls much harder than ever before. High 8s and 13s are absolutely guaranteed. Also When I ran the 14.3 my 1/8 mile trap was only 74 instead of my usual 77++. And that was with the throttle shut the whole way.... LOL @ my future times

I deserve this

P.S. - I probably shouldn't be going 80 MPH in traffic on my lunch break with a donut spare on with a big nail in it when it's raining. But I sacrifice for the community of us 3-4

I lied! Problem is solved TEMPORARILY (but completely). I will post details after further thorough testing. So far, the throttle DOES NOT CLOSE at all on a WOT run from 0-78 MPH. It pulls hard the entire time, including top end which is new. Intake temps are normal. Boost is 25 PSI. There is no significant knock. Mixture is pig rich.In was mostly in the tune. PM me if you must know sooner, no one cares about this anyway.

I'm curious... I'm guessing it was several (not just one or two) of the sanity tables in combination...?

Roland, I think others had found a fix already but weren't willing to disclose, after all they are running tuning business's you like. I feel your excitement though!
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    I'm curious... I'm guessing it was several (not just one or two) of the sanity tables in combination...?
    Joe, I will PM you exactly what I did because you deserve it. You know ten-thousand times more than me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Roland, I think others had found a fix already but weren't willing to disclose, after all they are running tuning business's you like. I feel your excitement though!
    Ross, I completely agree and understand. For this reason, I will also not disclose for the sake of their tuning businesses! Though I feel they really could have spared a few words to encourage or say what you just did. I will also PM you because I would like you to tell me if my solution is the same or different. If so, I don't need to know what it is.

For the rest of you, just know this:

After test driving another failed experiment of a tune, I noticed something. I though it was stupid and minor but I have learned to think logically because of tuning with EFILive for 8 years and also because of GM's Strategy Based Diagnosis for 10 years. So to eliminate the possibility I tried it. At first it did not work but with attention to detail I went a little further and to my surprise - FIXED!

Now there is a lot of re-tuning and compensation that is needed due to the fact that this car has never seen wide open throttle in all gears at all RPMs with 25-30 PSI boost before. It is pig pig rich as I am trying to (and succeeding) in protecting it from temps and pinging. It is to the point it has ruined my brand new synthetic oil change.

I could not believe it, it just kept getting faster every time I got into it. When I said it had low power I meant that it was only reading 300ish torque when it feels like 500 LOL. But it is much higher now.

So as I was leaving work my long time arch rival / nemesis with the boosted and tuned 2013 Ford Focus ST (2.0 D.I. turbo, modded and about 350 hp) was following me pulling out of the shop. He was aware that I fixed "the curse" and curious about it, but many times before I have told him that my car was running good right before he would mop the floor with me up and down the street. So I stepped on it a little and the car roasted the tires violently all the way through first gear. It has never done that before, not like that. It also boosts aggressively in Park / Neutral - unlike anything I've seen or heard before, especially with this car. He ended up behind me at a red light with a clear road ahead, and when the light turned green I floored it. Keep in mind he is a very competitive driver, used to have a low 11 second Evo and never ever wastes a chance to race me. He says he bought the car just to beat me, and has done so just about every chance and sometimes even when there wasn't much of a chance but anyways.

He clearly tries to follow me, change lanes and fly by as he always does. We pull away from the pack of cars as my car spins 1st and spins 2nd hard (usually does not, 2nd used to break loose only at higher RPM when boost kicks). By 3rd gear I had what seemed like 10 cars on him. He was definitely trying and we were both shocked at the outcome. My 3rd gear was a huge torque steer and my 4th gear a huge torque steer the other way (new). I pulled some more on him. At the next light he conceded and said my car is running extremely hard and stinks like raw fuel. He said it looked like it wanted to fall apart. I had the biggest grin on my face.

Shortly after the car decided to pop every single warning light but I did not care because every time I make stupid power on a completely revised tune some new codes need to be blocked or desensitized. But it was idling terrible and sounded like a blown engine. I kind of freaked but it was just limp mode and fixed now. I leaned it out some and it still runs super GREAT.

I will soon post a log. I DESERVE THIS. One comment to the silent ones: you may know, but have you / will you run my times???

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo0299.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	150.9 KB 
ID:	16363
    Last edited by Boost; February 5th, 2014 at 04:28 PM. Reason: spelling

Another Ford bites the dust

Arrow happy ending

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Another Ford bites the dust
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Thank you my friends!!!

We have arrived at the conclusion of this topic. There is complete victory over this obstacle. I'd like to thank Ross and all the others behind the scenes who contributed to helping me fix this disaster. I am attaching a log from today of taking my friend for a ride in my new 350 horsepower - 8 second 1/8 mile - 13 second 1/4 mile Verano. I also have logs available of just before the real fix, when I engineered around it and made near 400 horsepower before it became inconsistent and limped again. This chapter is finished, linking

BACK TO THE MAIN BUILD THREAD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	348.png 
Views:	178 
Size:	175.4 KB 
ID:	16372  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Boost; February 7th, 2014 at 04:00 PM. Reason: enlarge link, add attachment

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast