Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Analog wideband help for new starters

Default Analog wideband help for new starters

Is there a step by step tutorial for getting a analog wideband working and calibrated once everything has been wired up in one write up, for the moment I'm using a HALTECH and for someone just starting out what i find has bits and peaces missing. I do have a serial supported WIDEBAND on the way because of the luck of information for getting a analog unit working for someone just starting out.

Not sure if this makes any difference but the formation would have to relate to a flash scan v2 fully updated and ls1B cheers.

Common people that know link or search title I'm going to try what I've set up in the morning hopefully it works but it would be nice to see a tutorial.

512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Thanks mr.prick ill have a look through what you have there.

I already had everything wired up mate and the lc-1 installations is old controller and innovate screens, i find that hard to get any information from. I think the CREATE EXTERNAL PID and MATCH OUTPUT is what I'm looking for ill try work it out.

that create extra external pid link is really old there is no calculated pid in v7 that i could find, however i found it in v8 which one do i use efilive calculated pids or user calculated pids. I was hoping to get an up too date explanation targeted at the beginner.

Know I realise why most people just go for a supported serial widebands, but its interesting that the non supported high end types that people swear by are analog and say the cheaper ones are junk.

The high end wideband's (for example ECM AFM1500) support serial comms...

Which wideband do you have...?

When you use analog connection, the wideband reports a voltage in the range of 0V to 5V to represent the measured AFR in the range of something like 7 to 22 (for example).

When you use serial comms (if your wideband supports it), the wideband sends a text string to FSV2 stating the measured AFR (e.g. "14.7" as a text string).

The interesting thing is, the analog widebands contain a builtin digital micro-controller which converts the mreasured AFR from digital form to analog form for outputing on the analog connection... i.e. the wideband's controller performs an extra conversion for outputing the analog AFR.

The analog connection has been found to be susceptible to voltage drop/offset problems (not to mention noise from the ignition system).

The serial comms connection has been found to be immune from the problems seen by the analog connection.

Which wideband do you have...?

Do you have FlashScan V2 or V1...?

More information on wideband pids, see post #1 here: Calc-VET-correcting-MAF-and-calculating-VE-(in-single-log)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast