Thread: Using the AC relay output to control a second fuel pump

Default Using the AC relay output to control a second fuel pump

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has used the AC relay output to control a second fuel pump depending on RPM or TPS? Looking at the wiring diagram and parameters in efilive it may be doable. Would have to use the NC contacts on a relay and have the "AC Disable RPM" or "AC Disable TPS" actually turn the pump on. Will probably have to bridge the AC transducer input also. I was considering using the shift light output but as my setup is an auto it is used for a shift solenoid.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ttls1 View Post
    Hi, Just wondering if anyone has used the AC relay output to control a second fuel pump depending on RPM or TPS? Looking at the wiring diagram and parameters in efilive it may be doable. Would have to use the NC contacts on a relay and have the "AC Disable RPM" or "AC Disable TPS" actually turn the pump on. Will probably have to bridge the AC transducer input also. I was considering using the shift light output but as my setup is an auto it is used for a shift solenoid.
    The AC on command comes via the CAN from the BCM. So might work with AC switched on .

Cheers, I forgot to mention that this is in a conversion so I don't use the PCM for AC control. Also realised I should have posted under the genIII topic as its an LS1 ecu and it has an input on the pcm for AC request. Will try and give it a go