Thread: EFI v2 scan only

Default EFI v2 scan only

Can anyone tell me if the scan version of efi live will allow mW to adjust my cam retard on my 99 k2500 454 vortec? I am considering this purchase for basic troubleshooting help but I can't really justify the full version considering I plan on staying mostly stock.

Lifetime Member

The Scan only version is exactly what is sounds like, NO Flashing of controllers. If you want to read DTCs, readiness tests, use DVTs, read the tune, and log data then the Scan only will work. If you want to adjust the cam retard (spark timing), you need a normal V2 with the GM tuning license so you can edit and flash the tune into your truck.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    The Scan only version is exactly what is sounds like, NO Flashing of controllers. If you want to read DTCs, readiness tests, use DVTs, read the tune, and log data then the Scan only will work. If you want to adjust the cam retard (spark timing), you need a normal V2 with the GM tuning license so you can edit and flash the tune into your truck.
    I think we have a misunderstanding, can retard is adjusted manually via turning the distributor I just need to be able to know if the scan tool will display the value for me to know where I am at. For example a GM tech2 will allows me to make this adjustment.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by aarolar View Post
    I think we have a misunderstanding, can retard is adjusted manually via turning the distributor I just need to be able to know if the scan tool will display the value for me to know where I am at. For example a GM tech2 will allows me to make this adjustment.
    Ah I see, yes I always forget there's a dizzy on those engines. Used to the LSx based ones.

I believe so, you will want to check with someone who has actually done it though. Hopefully someone will chime in here.
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

Lifetime Member

Duplicate, please delete
    Last edited by ScarabEpic22; December 31st, 2013 at 01:56 PM. Reason: duplicate
    ~Erik~

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Ah I see, yes I always forget there's a dizzy on those engines. Used to the LSx based ones.

I believe so, you will want to check with someone who has actually done it though. Hopefully someone will chime in here.
    No problem very easy mistake to make these old vortec distributed engines are becoming the way of the past.