Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why wont my car run longer the 5 seconds.

Thanks Joe, what I'm wondering is why it's not setting the dtc and going into sd mode, I believe all my parameters are set up to fail maf and go into sd mode. Maybe the car isn't running long enough to fail the maf? On the other hand I wonder if it won't stay running because it won't go into sd mode. I thought I remember reading a while back some people were having issues in the cos getting there car in sd mode. There was a different approach of getting it there but can't remember how to do it. It was a bit ago. I talked to my tuner and is gonna go over the tune again, but I'm still trying to learn, so any help is awesome.

One thing I noticed is that I'm not getting any spark advance during cranking, a few times it did but not usually. I noticed a few people had the same issues on this forum but it was never stated what the fix was.

Set C2906 to 1, otherwise you need to see the low frequency trigger 6 times befog a code is set.
    You said in the opening post that the MAF is unplugged - but it's still reading. Set C2904 to a big number, say 12000 if you're going to leave it plugged in, otherwise you won't set a code.

There seems to be a bigger issue, probably not tune related. Logged engine speed is 0 RPM for most of those 2 logs - nothing is going to happen if the PCM sees no engine speed. At the same time MAP pegs at 101.

Have you got any logs where it does run for a few seconds?

I'd be leaning towards possible physical/electrical issue.

MAP static at 101 kPa (BARO) -> indicates no compression/vacuum during cranking.

RPM static at 0 rpm -> indicates no signal from CKP and/or CMP sensors, PCM does not know engine is turning.

Ya I tried it unplugged and plugged in. Here is a log where it was actually showing timing and rpm. Its like it will run for a bit right after I reflash it then it wont. I Leaning toward electrical. What deters me from that is that it does run for a few seconds sometimes. Almost like something is killing it. Maybe map settings are not correct, or vats. Im going to change that maf setting like you said, and enable vat and do a vats relearn. If that don't work test wiring circuts, or put stock tune with stock inj, map, and maf, to elimate tune.

Well it's up and running:thumb_. My tuner sent me a new tune made a few changes and now it's running. One thing I noticed was my pcm wasn't showing a vin so I put mine in, not sure if that matters or not but its running now. I'm thinking there may be a loose ground though as it was running for about 10 mins then it just died the fuel pumps stopped working. They wouldn't turn back on, I then read my tune from the pcm to make sure I saved it and when I did I heard the pumps cycle again. Now there working fine again, not sure if it was a fluke. I will check them over any way. Thanks for your help guys.

Check your grounds again (one on each side of engine block, one on rear on LHS head, and various chassis grounds).

Ya I defiantly will check them out. I actually added 3 more from the block to the chasis. My engine was painted with 4 coats of thick paint and I can't remember if I removed the paint where the grounds go. I will pull them off and double check. I'm just happy it's running now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12