Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: weird weird weird

Neither tune has a pilot or post event in them...

Id start with addressing those first...without a active pilot and NOT adjusting the main timing accordingly..itll run like poo-poo
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

OP, if you have a V2 and are willing to send me your stock file (or the one used by your tuner, which you should have recieved) Ill gladly build you a small test CSP-5 tune to try out and see if its a ECM or a tune issue.

Email is in my sig...
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt

Quote Originally Posted by rodente View Post
    I am working on getting a dealer flash and starting with a clean slate. Think ABS and TIPM flash are needed though? I am hoping that this works and that I will still be able to use my Smarty after so I can adjust my speedo...
    Yep. I used the Smarty to update the tire size (it does it through the TIPM/ABS module) and it corrupted the module. I tried to change the tire size using the Chrysler dealer tool with a ValueCAN and it couldn't write to the necessary fields. Reflash the TIPM/ABS module and then I could correct the tire size. My recommendation is to have all of the modules flashed, sell the Smarty and stick with EFILive for engine tuning and then use a Hypertech tire reprogramming programmer.

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 5.9 View Post
    OP, if you have a V2 and are willing to send me your stock file (or the one used by your tuner, which you should have recieved) Ill gladly build you a small test CSP-5 tune to try out and see if its a ECM or a tune issue.

Email is in my sig...
    I appreciate the offer Les, but I only have an Autocal locked to my tuner. I am starting to think the V2 is the route I should have gone just for convenience and flexibility. I will be starting with a clean slate and giving my tuner one more shot, then I will be looking to get my Autocal unlocked to link with someone else or buying a V2.

I can assure you that both of them do have a pilot event in them. What the truck is doing does not follow what I have written in the tune at all. I took the exact same tune that the OP is running and changed the vin and loaded into another truck I have here and it runs as expected. There is not an issue with the actual tune the truck is running.

Anarchy Diesel Tuning/ Advanced Injection Diesel Technologies
    EFI Live Cummins Beta Tester
    Duramax and Cummins Tuning
    423-506-7427

Quote Originally Posted by rodente View Post
    I appreciate the offer Les, but I only have an Autocal locked to my tuner. I am starting to think the V2 is the route I should have gone just for convenience and flexibility. I will be starting with a clean slate and giving my tuner one more shot, then I will be looking to get my Autocal unlocked to link with someone else or buying a V2.
    Just be sure you've exhausted all tuning options with Cody first.

Quote Originally Posted by anarchydiesel View Post
    I can assure you that both of them do have a pilot event in them. What the truck is doing does not follow what I have written in the tune at all. I took the exact same tune that the OP is running and changed the vin and loaded into another truck I have here and it runs as expected. There is not an issue with the actual tune the truck is running.
    Weird one for sure as we can see the logs clearly show otherwise.

If I can help Cody..let me know.
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt

I rewrote the tune using a different base and converted to CSP from scratch we will see what it does. Thanks for the offer les, I seem to get quite a few of the odd trucks. LOL.

Anarchy Diesel Tuning/ Advanced Injection Diesel Technologies
    EFI Live Cummins Beta Tester
    Duramax and Cummins Tuning
    423-506-7427

Well, it would seem that Yes, the Smarty corrupted everything. I got a fresh flash yesterday, sent Cody the read file, he built my tunes....viola. Runs good, I can switch tunes, all idle well. So I guess its pretty safe to say that the Smarty is alot more aggresive in writing and storage protocols than EFI live is. I would suggest to anyone making the switch from Smarty to get a dealer flash as there is no guarentee a fresh EFI stock file will overwrite the Smarty. Finally, can start to get my truck tuned in...thanks for the input guys, thanks Les for the offer, and most of all...Thanks Cody for putting up with me so far and helping me out so much with this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12