Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weird weird weird

Default weird weird weird

Hey everyone, first time posting here so forgive if i step on toes or otherwise circumvent protocol. Interesting proposal for you guys. I have an 07 5.9 with some goodies, ran a Smarty for quite some time. Decided to make the switch to EFI Live, so far it hasnt panned out so well. Going on a year now and still have absolutely no tunes that are really useable. My tuner has been working with me to try and resolve the issues but so far we have come up with nothing. He is to the point that he is suggesting my ECM is failed. I am not really buying into that as my Smarty runs like a top all day, every day, doesnt matter which tune. I recently had a CSP5 file bulit by my tuner, I updated firmware and bootblock, loaded files and ran truck. On the tow tune, runs well, fairly happy with that, switch to street tune and it starts kicking and coughing and smoking very very badly....thats at idle. It sounds like a very heavily cam'd 12 valve with a ton of timing. I Cant even get it to start on the other tunes. What I am proposing is this. I have 4 logs from my truck, would anyone like to have a look at them and see if there is something we are missing? I am told that the logs show the truck commanding a very large amount of fuel at idle(70mm3) on all the logs....but it doesnt run poorly on all the tunes. Anyone up for a challenge? Yes I started with a clean file, not a Smarty stock, actually tried 2 different stock files.

did you get a dealer reflash after you removed the Smarty? starting with a clean file isnt always enough
    06 Laramie 3500 QC SB 4x4 - Full billet Auto by DTT, HE351/S475 twins, EFI live, lots of custom goodies....

07 6.2L Yukon Denali - CAI, CAT delete, self tuned with EFI Live

03 Trailblazer 4.2L I6 - CAI, custom exhaust, EFI live

2010 Laramie 3500 CC LB 4x4 - H&S, DPF delete, waiting for EFI Live.....

I did not. I was assured the stock file provided to me would be adequate.
    Maybe I will try that...anyways I will attach the logs from 2 different idling tunes.
    Attached Files Attached Files

thats a good place to start. mine was the same way. did wierd stuff until i broke down and had the dealer reflash it
    06 Laramie 3500 QC SB 4x4 - Full billet Auto by DTT, HE351/S475 twins, EFI live, lots of custom goodies....

07 6.2L Yukon Denali - CAI, CAT delete, self tuned with EFI Live

03 Trailblazer 4.2L I6 - CAI, custom exhaust, EFI live

2010 Laramie 3500 CC LB 4x4 - H&S, DPF delete, waiting for EFI Live.....

I agree with the dealer reflash. I had issues when I first started out as well. I used the Smarty prior to EFILive and who knows what all the Smarty corrupted... I would also recommend a TIPM/ ABS module flash update.

I am working on getting a dealer flash and starting with a clean slate. Think ABS and TIPM flash are needed though? I am hoping that this works and that I will still be able to use my Smarty after so I can adjust my speedo...

What mods are on your truck?

Built tranny/billet flexplate/multi-disc converter, 90 hp sticks, head studs, Banks aftercooler, intake and exhaust, compound turbos(hx40 over ht3b)...

Too much fuel pressure and mm3 at idle for sure.

yip, but look at the 2 logs in comparison, I am told the tunes all use the same base, I am curious to know why the tow tune has much lower mm3 and ALOT less duration than the street one does? My tuner is at a loss and was convinced my ECM is failed....I am not so sure. I will get a dealer flash and start from there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast