Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: allison 2000 cal

Default allison 2000 cal

does anyone have a stock allison 2000 tune, < 2004, that they can please post or send me? i need it for a swap project that involves a 2002 allison 2000 trans. the A2000 has no parking pawl so i don't want to use A1000 code (if it was just the gears i would adjust for that).

thanks in advance.
    Last edited by vectorbundle; January 2nd, 2014 at 07:05 PM.

Make sure and get one for the correct gear ratios. the lack of a parking pawl is no issue, but the gear ratio is. I think there is a place to adjust the gear ratios in the software with EFILIVE, but I don't know if it would work as I don't think has ever tried it or not.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

thanks. yeah, i haven't tested it either. better to eliminate all variables and load the correct base flash. at this point i'm looking into just getting ally TCM reflash + translator interface so i could program whatever i need myself.

What vehicles did that come in? I'll see what I got laying around here today...

Also, would you Full-Flash or Cal-Flash an A40 / A43 for such a custom project? Under what circumstances would one use either method? (say a 6 speed conversion for instance)
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

So we have some Hinos here with Ally 2000 / 3000s in them, but the guy that's supposed to know about them says the calibration is exactly the same as the 1000... I would not have thought so?
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    So we have some Hinos here with Ally 2000 / 3000s in them, but the guy that's supposed to know about them says the calibration is exactly the same as the 1000... I would not have thought so?
    Well the 3000 and 2000 series used different TCM's until 06 when ALLISON went to the GEN IV TCM for all. The 1000/2000 series from 99-05 used there own TCM while the 3000 and up used a different TCM. And the 3000 series is a COMPLETELY different animal from the 1000/2000 series in that it is ALL electronically shifted with no manual shift cable hook-up on it. The 1000/2000 series are basically the same except the 2000 series used the wide ratio gearing and had no parking pawl, and the 2400 was like the 2000 series except it used a parking pawl. All 2000/2400's used an external parking brake mounted to the tail housing unless it was a 4X4. It is also worth mentioning that extension housing for trans with an externally mounted parking brake had a MUCH larger C5 apply piston in them as GM had a custom extension housing built for the trucks and it required a smaller C5 piston(this is why the ALLISON kits from ALLISON do not have the correct C5 piston seals in them as the GM units used there own proprietary pistons and seals). Also I believe the 2000 series could be had with a transmission retarder brake that bolted onto the rear of the trans.

Best bet for the OP is to go to an ALLISON dealer and get them to set you up with either a custom flash, or find one close and use the ALLISON software to setup the inputs and outputs to match your needs. And also which TCM are you going to use? The 99-05 1000/2000 series, or an 06+ GEN IV A40 or A50? if going with an A40 or A50 you are pretty well limited to using the ALLISON DOC software to set it up as I doubt EFILIVE is going to work with the different cals for an A40, and they haven't released A50 last I checked. If you go with the 99-05 1000/2000 series I have heard that EFILIVE works fine with those calibrations.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    What vehicles did that come in? I'll see what I got laying around here today...
    not sure. maybe medium duty GM trucks 6500+? fords f650, international trucks? i don't know if EFIlive would work with non-GM cals.

Also, would you Full-Flash or Cal-Flash an A40 / A43 for such a custom project? Under what circumstances would one use either method? (say a 6 speed conversion for instance)
    this is not the CAN bus TCM, it's the older 5-speed 15768288 box.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    Well the 3000 and 2000 series used different TCM's until 06 when ALLISON went to the GEN IV TCM for all. The 1000/2000 series from 99-05 used there own TCM while the 3000 and up used a different TCM. And the 3000 series is a COMPLETELY different animal from the 1000/2000 series in that it is ALL electronically shifted with no manual shift cable hook-up on it. The 1000/2000 series are basically the same except the 2000 series used the wide ratio gearing and had no parking pawl, and the 2400 was like the 2000 series except it used a parking pawl. All 2000/2400's used an external parking brake mounted to the tail housing unless it was a 4X4. It is also worth mentioning that extension housing for trans with an externally mounted parking brake had a MUCH larger C5 apply piston in them as GM had a custom extension housing built for the trucks and it required a smaller C5 piston(this is why the ALLISON kits from ALLISON do not have the correct C5 piston seals in them as the GM units used there own proprietary pistons and seals). Also I believe the 2000 series could be had with a transmission retarder brake that bolted onto the rear of the trans.
    i read somewhere the 03 and earlier transmissions had different # of solenoids from 04+. is this true and does this mean the calibrations would not be compatible?

Best bet for the OP is to go to an ALLISON dealer and get them to set you up with either a custom flash, or find one close and use the ALLISON software to setup the inputs and outputs to match your needs. And also which TCM are you going to use? The 99-05 1000/2000 series, or an 06+ GEN IV A40 or A50? if going with an A40 or A50 you are pretty well limited to using the ALLISON DOC software to set it up as I doubt EFILIVE is going to work with the different cals for an A40, and they haven't released A50 last I checked. If you go with the 99-05 1000/2000 series I have heard that EFILIVE works fine with those calibrations.
    thanks for the info. i'll see what i can do.

Quote Originally Posted by vectorbundle View Post
    not sure. maybe medium duty GM trucks 6500+? fords f650, international trucks? i don't know if EFIlive would work with non-GM cals.

this is not the CAN bus TCM, it's the older 5-speed 15768288 box.

i read somewhere the 03 and earlier transmissions had different # of solenoids from 04+. is this true and does this mean the calibrations would not be compatible?

thanks for the info. i'll see what i can do.
    Starting in 04 ALLISON added in the G solenoid to lower line pressure and increase cooler flow during low power input conditions. The newer trans will work with the older cal's, but the newer cal's will not work the older 99-03 trans without setting a G solenoid code. And I know Brayden at FLEECE said before EFILIVE would work with the MD cal's for the 5 speeds, but I haven't tried it. Finding somebody with the ALLISON DOC software would probably be your best bet for the 2000 series I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    Starting in 04 ALLISON added in the G solenoid to lower line pressure and increase cooler flow during low power input conditions. The newer trans will work with the older cal's, but the newer cal's will not work the older 99-03 trans without setting a G solenoid code. And I know Brayden at FLEECE said before EFILIVE would work with the MD cal's for the 5 speeds, but I haven't tried it. Finding somebody with the ALLISON DOC software would probably be your best bet for the 2000 series I would think.
    that's helpful info, thank you. what if the G solenoid code is turned off with EFIlive? do you know what is the difference between allison DOC and "allison TCM reflash" software?

Quote Originally Posted by vectorbundle View Post
    that's helpful info, thank you. what if the G solenoid code is turned off with EFIlive? do you know what is the difference between allison DOC and "allison TCM reflash" software?
    EFILIVE cannot shut off the G solenoid code, so your out of luck there. And the ALLSION DOC software is there software that they use for flashing and diagnostics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast