Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: allison 2000 cal

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    EFILIVE cannot shut off the G solenoid code, so your out of luck there. And the ALLSION DOC software is there software that they use for flashing and diagnostics.
    i thought they were both their sw and maybe one is included in the other or they are separate. i will try out some ideas how to deal with this, but if anyone reading does happen to have a file that would be appreciated. thank you for all the info.

EFILive works quite well with the MD 5 speeds, I can tell you this.

Right now I am working on another '07 C4500 with a 6 speed that is limited to being a 5 speed by the software. I am trying to undo this, do I full flash / cal flash / or just change a setting in there?
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    EFILive works quite well with the MD 5 speeds, I can tell you this.

Right now I am working on another '07 C4500 with a 6 speed that is limited to being a 5 speed by the software. I am trying to undo this, do I full flash / cal flash / or just change a setting in there?
    EFILIVE works with the GM cals, but I don't know if it will work with non GM cal's and the GEN IV TCM. As for unlocking 6th, you have to go to ALLISON to get the flash. Full flashing isn't available for A40 TCM's, and the only way to unlock 6th is with a full flash.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    EFILIVE works with the GM cals, but I don't know if it will work with non GM cal's and the GEN IV TCM. As for unlocking 6th, you have to go to ALLISON to get the flash. Full flashing isn't available for A40 TCM's, and the only way to unlock 6th is with a full flash.
    there should be easily accessible production GM cals to do that. maybe using a VIN for 08 4500 truck that has 6th enabled. or i suppose even a 2500 VIN and then adjust the shifts with EFIL. plus i remember reading that allison tend to be less than accommodating with such requests (refuse to enable 6th w/o some official letter from GM, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by vectorbundle View Post
    there should be easily accessible production GM cals to do that. maybe using a VIN for 08 4500 truck that has 6th enabled. or i suppose even a 2500 VIN and then adjust the shifts with EFIL. plus i remember reading that allison tend to be less than accommodating with such requests (refuse to enable 6th w/o some official letter from GM, etc).
    Thank you for the information THEFERMANATOR though I believe vectorbundle to be right. We will know soon enough as I am doing one today. I have a local Allison facility nearby and access to all GM cals via TISWeb. I know there are vendors selling this upgrade for hundreds of dollars - I doubt they are taking each of the modules to Allison.

Without disclosing too much info (for the sake of others who may care - I am here to learn and share). This WILL get done with EFILive.

Lifetime Member

Thank you for the information THEFERMANATOR though I believe vectorbundle to be right. We will know soon enough as I am doing one today. I have a local Allison facility nearby and access to all GM cals via TISWeb. I know there are vendors selling this upgrade for hundreds of dollars - I doubt they are taking each of the modules to Allison.

Without disclosing too much info (for the sake of others who may care - I am here to learn and share). This WILL get done with EFILive.
    It's actually a $2k option, that's why hardly anyone will buy it.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

I know one vendor doing it isn't using strictly EFILIVE to do his flashing. He also has the 5-6 speed conversion tunes as his software was able to read the locked TCM's.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

i know i am right about doing it with a production GM flash bc i remember someone (on one of the diesel forums?) who did it. read it long ago and i was not interested in this subject then so i don't recall for sure what tune he used, probably 08 kodiak w/ 6th enabled. what's to disclose, we are talking about an OEM TIS flash. i'm just looking for a vanilla A2000 file too...

ETA: not same discussion i had read before but same story: http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/76-...tructions.html
    Last edited by vectorbundle; January 5th, 2014 at 10:45 PM.

Yup after some further checking it's looking a lot like TIS. I couldn't do that yesterday because all that stuff is here at work.

Boost, I know it has been a while, did you ever get it to flash to unlock 6th gear?

Thnx

Sam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12