Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Upshift to 2nd gear when in maual 1st-4L80E

Default Upshift to 2nd gear when in maual 1st-4L80E

Is this table still hidden in the 1mb PCM's? I have a 4L80E in my Jeep now and I really need to find a solution to keep it from upshifting but not go to a full manual valve body for drivability.

Lifetime Member

Deleted my original comments, and sent you a PM instead.

There are shift kits which allow you to hold 1st gear to any rpm, and when you place the shifter in 3rd or OD the trans will shift as stock fully automatically.

You dont have to go to a full manual kit.

peace
    Hog
    1997 rcsb stock L31 longblock, Marine Intake with 28# EV6 injectors, L35 2700 stall TC,Hooker LT's 2.007 60ft

Lifetime Member

I generally use TransGo kits ... so I can speak to these ....

TransGo's original 4L80 kits (4L80-HD-2) would allow 1st gear to be held via the shifter - however, this approach often caused DTCs to be set - as the PCM was often commanding a shift to 2nd gear (when mechanically locked in 1st gear by the kit).

TransGo's current 4L80 kits no longer have this feature (unless you go with the full manual kit) ... they now recommend reprogramming the PCM to achieve this functionality.

That sucks, to bad they changed their kits, afew DTC's in nothing to fix, the 60e kits work great.

Does that require a cax file or are the 1-2 table present in EFILive?

Thanks for the info.

peace
    Hog
    1997 rcsb stock L31 longblock, Marine Intake with 28# EV6 injectors, L35 2700 stall TC,Hooker LT's 2.007 60ft

Lifetime Member

HPT has the required tables for the 2001 and 2002 model year 512Kb PCMs - but that's it.

From a business standing point it does not make much sense for the software companies to invest more R&D resources in an obsolete controller - especially when people are demanding support for all of the newer controllers released in the last few years.

About two years ago I decided to do the ground work to take my business to the next level. Several thousand R&D hours later, I now have a number of specialty offerings - including this 4L80 patch for all LS1-B OSs. I have contributed freely to this Forum over the years, but cannot give away these specialty offerings as they form part of my business revenue, and I have to at least recoup the associated R&D costs.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    HPT has the required tables for the 2001 and 2002 model year 512Kb PCMs - but that's it.

From a business standing point it does not make much sense for the software companies to invest more R&D resources in an obsolete controller - especially when people are demanding support for all of the newer controllers released in the last few years.

About two years ago I decided to do the ground work to take my business to the next level. Several thousand R&D hours later, I now have a number of specialty offerings - including this 4L80 patch for all LS1-B OSs. I have contributed freely to this Forum over the years, but cannot give away these specialty offerings as they form part of my business revenue, and I have to at least recoup the associated R&D costs.
    I see 0 issue with this Taz and thanks for all the help you give here, it's guys like you that make Forums "work" !

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by IJ. View Post
    I see 0 issue with this Taz and thanks for all the help you give here, it's guys like you that make Forums "work" !
    I concur, Taz and joecar have helped me out more than a few times! And Ive been around for a year or two myself!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I don't have any problem with what Taz said.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    I don't have any problem with what Taz said.
    Me neither.....PM sent

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast