Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full flashing tcm LLY

Default Full flashing tcm LLY

I really need some help with an 05 lly , I flashed an 01 OS tune into the tcm and realized my high idle feature isn't working and the funny thing is I did a full flash which also changes the os and now to flash the stock tune back in it just tells me full flashing is not supported on AL5 controllers . Anybody with some advice out there ??
    05 gmc 2500hd CC,SB volant cold air intake
    Efilive, 4"mbrp turboback street scene front
    Bumper

The 01 OS will not support the LLY's factory fast idle. You need to run an 02 or newer OS for it(there is one 01 OS that will support I have been told, but never tried it). As for full flashing an AL5, I've done it MANY times. Try restarting your laptop and the software as sometimes it doesn't always recognize the TCM.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Ok I'll try a few more things , I've tried removing the info an radio fuses and that didn't make a difference . I don't know maybe uninstalling and reinstalling my software might help?¿ cause I'm stuck with no high idle which I don't really like in -25 weather I also tried to install manual high idle but can't find a detailed write up of how to do it and therefor can't get it to work yet either . Thanks for now and I'll post results later on
    Bumper

Just restarted my laptop and tried again but nothing changes , anything else I might be doing wrong ? I did one full flash back when I got the tuner and now just keeps telling me flashing of that controller is not supported
    Bumper

Make sure the V2 is plugged into the computers USB port before launching the V7.5 or V8 software
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Ok how about to the truck ? Hook that one up too or is it just picky about the one to the v2 ?
    Bumper

The software will only allow a full flash of a TCM if you have the V2 plugged into the laptop prior to launching the software, you can at any time plug the OBD2 connector into the truck but you must have it plugged into your computer and have Windows recognize it prior to launching the software.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    The software will only allow a full flash of a TCM if you have the V2 plugged into the laptop prior to launching the software, you can at any time plug the OBD2 connector into the truck but you must have it plugged into your computer and have Windows recognize it prior to launching the software.
    Thanks for the useful info. How about Full-Flashing an A40?
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Ok thanks for the great info , I haven't got time to try it just yet but I did try to BBF it yesterday and then it would tell me :script file not found . There's most likely an easy fix for that to but since I'm new to efilive tuning there's a lot to learn . Hopefully you guys are ok with all my newbie questions . Thanks again
    Bumper

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    Thanks for the useful info. How about Full-Flashing an A40?
    GEN IV TCM full flashing is not available due to the amount of time it would take to do so. I think they said a read would be upwards of 45 minutes, and flash times would be along the same lines. This is why we get cal flashing only for the 06+ GEN IV TCM's.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast