Thread: 85mm truck TB on LS1 tune initial setup???

Default 85mm truck TB on LS1 tune initial setup???

I searched but couldn't really find a direct answer...

I am setting up an LS1b computer for a 5.3 truck engine that has all LS1 components bolted to it (intake, throttle body, front accessories, etc). I will eventually get to work with the car in person but for now I am trying to get the ecm just to where he can fire it up and drive it around the block/on a trailer. So having said that we plan to start with a stock LS1 tune but adjust the program as much as we can to work for the time being. He is running the 85mm truck MAF. My question is what are most guys doing as a first step to get the LS1 tune to play nicely with the extra 10mm of MAF? Is there a particular table that can be tweeked that will get close or does it have to be done on the car with CALVET and whatnot?

My other thoughts were to start with a truck tune, the displacement will already be correct if I do that. Not sure which would be the best stock tune to base everything off of???

Or just have him leave the MAF disconnected so it will default to speed density for now???

I haven't done a lot of mixing and matching when it comes to individual components like this so bear with me if I'm approaching this completely wrong. I appreciate any help.

Realized in the title I put 85mm TB...meant MAF. Ooops

You could copy the MAF table from a truck that has similar (identical) MAF plumbing...

even if you do, you would still need to use wideband to correct the MAF table (do AutoMAF or Calc.VET).

You could run SD if the VE table is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    You could copy the MAF table from a truck that has similar (identical) MAF plumbing...

even if you do, you would still need to use wideband to correct the MAF table (do AutoMAF or Calc.VET).
    Yeah my plan would be to do that after I have the car in my possession, but it's 3 hrs away at the moment. I am just trying to get the ecm flashed and setup as decent as possible from my bench so I can mail it off. That way when he does plug it in the engine will run as good as possible until he can get the car to me.

Copying the MAF table from a truck file is probably my best bet. THANKS!