Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not understanding why I would need Autocal to read my T43 in a 2010 Silverado

Default Not understanding why I would need Autocal to read my T43 in a 2010 Silverado

Hello.
    I just acquired a 2010 Silverado and do not have an issue reading the E38 but when I try to read the T43 the pop up commands me to update my firmware through the control panel because the Autocal has not been loaded into my device.
    Please explain what this is all about or guide me through the process.
    I have just updated the most resent downloads there is but have run into a road block here.
    Tried to search for the answer but still not clear where my issue lies.
    Thanks

Has your AutoCal been programmed with the T43 files?
    Use v8 to program all the required files. Ensure T43 is selected under the Tune tab before programming.

+1 what darcy said...

in V8 S&T goto BBx, goto Tune tab, see what ECM's/TCM's are listed.

thank you for your assistance but i still cannot read the settings for the t43 when i try to use 7.5 just as i would with my ls1b tune. still telling me flash/scan is not compatible, i do see others where if i open their tune to look, the e38 & t43 are both available to look over. maybe something with windows 8 giving me problems.
    i did also follow this thread (Default Setting up a FSV2 from scratch... ) by joecar hoping to program the handheld correctly , any other tips would be great . another note, v8 does not have an issue with auto detect and reads the t43 but there is not any useful info with that read it only explains segment description.
    How do i get it to look like the other tunes i can read? thanks

wanted to show a pic of what i run into
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t43.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	16305  

You can't view the 'contents' of the calibration in v8, but use it to read the controller.

Read the tune out with v8 Scan & Tune (or with the V2 as a handheld), then save the file and open in v7.5 Tune tool to view/edit the calibration.

If it says FlashScan firmware version is not compatible when using V7 tunetool, you need to make sure you're using the V7 that was released with V8.

( the same V8 that you flashed V2 firmware from )

Lifetime Member

What hardware do you have? Your title says AutoCal, in which case you cannot use V7 software, and you cannot view/edit/modify tunes. You can only flash, read and log and only with V8 software. All other functions, including what controllers you have access to are only useable by the Tuner who created the files for your AutoCal.

Part way through the thread you start talking about FlashScan, in which case you should have access to all the functions you presently don't. In this instance please list your V7 software version, your V8 software version along with your firmware and bootblock details. Stating you are up to date doesn't allow any of us to validate your statement.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I will try to provide the missing information required so I (and others reading) can get the best advice you may have to offer with my issue posted. Please understand, playing with this new truck is very different than what I was familiar with using my LS1B (0411) PCM.
    I have the V2 FlashScan - Bootblock#2.07.06 Firmware#2.07.52 and when I check for updates I am informed I have the most up to date version.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast