Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Helping reading LML stock file...

Default Helping reading LML stock file...

Nevermind, forgot you can't read them..........yet
    Last edited by New Age Hotrods; January 21st, 2014 at 07:06 AM.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by New Age Hotrods View Post
    Nevermind, forgot you can't read them..........yet

Dont take this the wrong way, but that's never going to happen. EFILive will NEVER be able to read the LML, period. Bosch would have to unlock the bootloader which I extremely doubt will happen.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Yeah I agree 100%, maybe someday somehow it will magically if will happen!

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Dont take this the wrong way, but that's never going to happen. EFILive will NEVER be able to read the LML, period. Bosch would have to unlock the bootloader which I extremely doubt will happen.
    Actually GM would have to release a flash with the bootloader unlocked, not BOSCH. FORD uses the same ECM, but it is readeable as FORD didn't have it locked.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Problem is the Bootloader in those ECM's not field programmable (the part that controls the RSA check etc), just be thankful that we can even tune them at all, many of the 2011+ Euro brands using those Bosch ECM's are locked out with no way in (BMW, Volvo), even via the horrible pull apart and solder wires on method, that door has been closed too.
    It will never change, the LML will never be readable from the factory, don't live in hope, it'll never happen, these ECM's just suck as far as our industry goes.
    Last edited by GMPX; January 22nd, 2014 at 10:55 AM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    Actually GM would have to release a flash with the bootloader unlocked, not BOSCH. FORD uses the same ECM, but it is readeable as FORD didn't have it locked.
    GM would authoize Bosch to do it is my guess...
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    GM would authoize Bosch to do it is my guess...
    As long as dealers can OBD2 Flash update them via the TECH2 then there is no reason to unlock the bootloader for a READ.

I agree with Ross, no way in but the back door and that way is expensive and probably now unnecessary, as we all know there are LML files that are available on various sites to download that pretty much cover all models and options.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    As long as dealers can OBD2 Flash update them via the TECH2 then there is no reason to unlock the bootloader for a READ.

I agree with Ross, no way in but the back door and that way is expensive and probably now unnecessary, as we all know there are LML files that are available on various sites to download that pretty much cover all models and options.
    So long as people keep updated calibrations available for others to use. I still can't believe somebody would spend the money on the equipment to read the tune files out, and then put them out there for anybody to use. Unless they came about them in a cheaper(less legal) method.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

That would depend on who wants to be able to edit tables and other parameters like DTC lists that we may never have access to thru EFI-Live's available tables.

Its not a lot of money to spend if it allows you access to things many people don't have access to.

www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    I still can't believe somebody would spend the money on the equipment to read the tune files out, and then put them out there for anybody to use.
    Just shows there is some generous people left in the world
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast