Thread: EFI Live Scan and Tune V8.2 HELP!?

Exclamation EFI Live Scan and Tune V8.2 HELP!?

I just checked for updates last night, and there was some available. V7.5 updated no problem whatsoever. I got to V8, and the patch failed. After trying a second time, the updater told me it couldn't find V8 on my computer. I could still launch S&T V8, but I couldn't launch Explorer. So I tried to download the updated software directly from http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive . It just stalled at ~3mB left in the download, and then when I retried, I just got a "This webpage is not available" error. Still do(I can download V7.5). Tried installing from the disk that came with the package, and that took, but it's also not up to date, and won't just take a patch. I went to my wife's computer, and the file downloaded fine. Took it via USB stick to my laptop and installed it without issue. The updater tells me I have the most up-to-date version now, and I can launch S&T, but explorer still won't launch(says it can't find the shortcut location). I'm trying to uninstall, but the uninstall file(in the program files folder) won't run either. That gives me "Invalid start mode: archive filename". Plugging in my FS2 doesn't launch anything. I want to flash a tune, but I can't even get it to my FS2.

God this is a mess. Any idea what went so wrong? Did anyone else have issues?

Try again to manually download/install V7/V8 from here: Update-Nov-21-2013

The problem is that your download from the internet was disrupted while it was in progress, and somehow your install failed... only on your PC/laptop.

Thank you for that link Joe. Though I didn't end up using it, I appreciate the time you took.

I've been tackling this from a few angles, and today I reached out to my brother-in-law who is a very highly skilled computer consultant. He gave me a few steps to try, and I started by removing Avast and enabling Windows Defender(didn't even know it came with Win8, and the manufacturers like it that way). Since I want to know what was actually at fault, I decided to try just like I have for past installs(and would have after ever step). With Avast gone, it downloaded the first try, and installed properly. I should note, Avast never gave me any notifications. I'm good to go now though. Knowing that, I doubt the above link would've resulted in resolution of my problems. Of course there's no way you'd know that. Again, thanks.