I know these subjects have been brought up a few times, but I’m getting information from all over the place, and it would be great if I could get up-to-date and accurate info from someone who has experience working with V2 and the NTK AFX wideband.

The AFX instruction manual says the brown wire MUST be connected to the same ground location as the two black wires, as close to the battery ground as possible for the most accurate and precise readings. I’ve extended the brown wire so that it can reach, as the manual says is okay to do. All I’m left with now is a yellow wire for A1 input?

(I've read elsewhere that the brown wire goes to the A1 ground location on the scanner. If so, what makes that safe to do when the manual states it should be grounded to the same spot as the black wires? Would it work either way?)

After everything’s hooked up and ready to go, if I want to use BBL, I set scanner to: automatically select ALL external analog PIDs? Which PIDs do I use in ScanTool?

I have the most recent versions of 7.5 and 8. What do I need to do to record my AFX readings in Lambda, or is that PID already in my software now?