Thread: 2007 LS2 E38 fan stays on when ignition is on

Default 2007 LS2 E38 fan stays on when ignition is on

Hey there, Just looking to see how to control the fans on the E38 LS2 engine from a 2006 corvette with OS: 12605732. I have tried to go as far as to shut the fan off in the programming with different discrete PWM etc and lowering the fan values to 0 with no avail. Any help would be great.

RW
    Just one guy tryin' to make a difference

Lifetime Member

Are you talking electric fans? You will need to patch them with another software, EFILive cannot turn them on with the currently available parameters.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

Post your tune - I will patch it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Post your tune - I will patch it for you.
    lets see if it posted12603892 2006 LS2 6.0 corvette 5L40E.tun

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Are you talking electric fans? You will need to patch them with another software, EFILive cannot turn them on with the currently available parameters.
    But if you had the other "some would say better" tune tools, as some do,or scab someone elses hex work, you would be able to fool the fools on the forum just as easy as some do here now ,and actually understand what they are talking about.
    Last edited by slows10; January 23rd, 2014 at 02:02 PM.
    1997 S10, 06 trailblazer SS LS2 swap, 4L70E trans, 76mm turbo. Factory ZQ8 suspension. 3.08, G80 w/a zexel. With a 0411 swap.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by slows10 View Post
    But if you had the other "some would say better" tune tools, as some do,or scab someone elses hex work, you would be able to fool the fools on the forum just as easy as some do here now ,and actually understand what they are talking about.
    Cryptic, bordering on nonsensical ... you may want to consider not posting on the internet if you have been consuming alcohol.

Lifetime Member

v8vegaman ... try the attached tune. The E-Fan PWM% thresholds are as follows:

• Fan 2 "ON" = 90.0%
    • Fan 2 "OFF" = 85.0%
    • Fan 1 "ON" = 44.0%
    • Fan 1 "OFF" = 40.0%

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by slows10 View Post
    Yea, not following that. Sure you can use the other suite to do it or do the work and find the addresses in hex, but it's easier if someone (like Taz) assists. Thanks Taz, appreciate you helping out here.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Yea, not following that. Sure you can use the other suite to do it or do the work and find the addresses in hex, but it's easier if someone (like Taz) assists. Thanks Taz, appreciate you helping out here.
    I would just have to say that you all are programming Gods in my book. I tried the modified tune and it seems flawless. Thank you TAZ. May I ask if it was something that I could have done with the efi live like re setting the %'s or would I use the other tuning suite to get it done?. Amazing work, and thank you again
    RW

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by v8vegaman View Post
    ... May I ask if it was something that I could have done with the efi live like re setting the %'s or would I use the other tuning suite to get it done? ...
    You are very welcome.

I made all changes using EFILive, with the benefit of a custom *.cax file. You could not have done this on your own. If you open the tune I posted, and click on the "History" tab, then scroll to the bottom, you will see what I changed - you just won't have access to these parameters.