Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Surface Pro

Default Microsoft Surface Pro

Is anyone running EFIlive on a Microsoft Surface Pro? I am looking at buying one for easy portability when tuning and logging on trucks and wanted to see what everyone's feelings are towards them. I would also tune on it but I would hook it up to a larger monitor and use a mouse of course.

Looking at ditching the laptop in general.
    2002 Chevy Duramax with a few supporting mods.

Lifetime Member

Not personally, but I know people who have/are using it. The Pro runs regular Windows 8.1, just like every other laptop out there so everything works just fine.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I'm using a Sony Duo 11 which has mostly the same innards. I use it as a tablet in a cradle when logging and just glance at the display to see what cells I'm hitting.

One advantage is the flip out keyboard which means I can more easily makes changes in the car but yeah ultimately I prefer to a larger monitor, mouse and keyboard for correlating the data.

Just got one having problems with getting efi live to run. Need to fix the issue with xhci stack.
    hp tuners runs on it fine. It has to due with ftdi chip. Might have work around but need to test
    97 2500 ecsb 5.7l/4l80e/4x4 411 pcm /thorley tri-y's/dual super 40's with x (catless)/aem cai/msd 6a and coil/zz4 cam/beehive spring/lm-1

stock sucks

Does it only have USB 3.0 ports? If it has a USB 2.0 port use that one.

No only USB 3.0, it suck but I think I. have the work around
    97 2500 ecsb 5.7l/4l80e/4x4 411 pcm /thorley tri-y's/dual super 40's with x (catless)/aem cai/msd 6a and coil/zz4 cam/beehive spring/lm-1

stock sucks

Yeah the USB 3.0 was one of my worries. Thanks for the input guys. I'll also check out the Sony Duo.
    2002 Chevy Duramax with a few supporting mods.

I found Windows 8 had old drivers for the Intel USB 3.0 controller. Intel didn't release any Windows 8 drivers so you had to force windows 8 to use the Windows 7 drivers. Between updates to EFI Live and Windows 8.1 having recent Intel drivers I've not had to do anything on my i5 based Sony to get Flashscan working.

Quote Originally Posted by tokymon View Post
    No only USB 3.0, it suck but I think I. have the work around
    Sorry to revive this thread, but what was the workaround you found? I have a Surface PRO 2 and am getting errors when connecting.

Thanks in advance!

I have mine working. I only get errors with the blue v2 but it's on old firmware as I don't do many dodges

stock sucks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast