Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 04 Colorados V8 E67 6l80 and t56

Default 04 Colorados V8 E67 6l80 and t56

My truck:
    White 04 base model colorado. 4 banger. Old Napa Parts delivery truck

Plans: turn my gen III LM7 into a gen IV in order to run an E67 for the 6l80 and maintain factory gauge functions. I will go to an actual gen IV motor for DOD and VVT in a few months, but this will be a nice learning experience for me with the LM7 swap.

Buddies truck:
    Red 04 base model colorado i5. Old delivery truck for somewhere.
    Currently has gen III 5.3 LM7 with LS1B PCM stand alone and t56

Plans: put in an LY6 6.0 and run an E67 to maintain factory gauge functions. T56 will be reused.

We we know all the parts, and wiring we should need, but we are just needing some confirmation that it will work, as far as gauges and trans.
    Planning on running 2010 colorado OS in mine so I can do E85 and will have odd and VVT in the future. (I just won't have that motor until June) That OS should communicate with the gauges via Class 2, correct?
    Any colorado OS should communicate via Class 2, right?

Also, this won't be a project build thread, I'm assuming I will need some tuning assistance with mine. Not sure who he wants to tune his. I just need your guy's help to assure we are even going in the right direction with these OS'

Thanks in advance!
    Branden

Buddies truck must be Karlen's truck?

Lifetime Member

Have you confirmed that the gauges will work?? right now i have a 05 colorado, swaped a camaro ZL1 engine,trans, i used the camaro ecm (E67) modified the camaro harness and used camaro fuel pump and fuel pump control module,, only left is to make the gauges work, it looks like the gauges have 2 class 2 inputs,, so you are saying the ZL1 E67 should work with the colorados gauges?? do you know wich pin is the CLASS 2 on the ZL1 E67, and do you know if i have to activate it or something like that? cause Zl1 only uses CAN BUSS

You will not be able to activate the serial data on the can bus system, at least its never worked for me, even setting all the speedo out signal etc.. to serial data, they gauges still fail two work. The ABS will also fail to work, as its on the serial data bus as well, and needs to talk to the pcm. You probably have to switch to a different OS that has serial data already. I'll send you a PM.

Lifetime Member

thank you a lot

Nooooooooo! please discuss it here! If ya'll don't mind, that is?

Yes, the Buddy is Karlen. He never ended up buying that motor from me. My truck is close to getting the swap started so I'm still needing this info.

He is still using the LM7, and LS1B PCM as a stand alone sysytem. His Tach and Temp gauge worked, But his Speedo and gas gauge didn't work. So I figured if we powered up the factory colorado ECM and gave it Speed sensor input, and Fuel Level Sensor input, it would then send the needed information to the gauges via the CAN BUSS. Fuel gauge worked as soon as we plugged the blue plug in to the ECM. (He never messed with it during his swap. only unplugged it and set it to the side.) So then we gave C3 (Grey Connector) a ground and tied Pin 44 and 45 in with Pin 20 and 21 (respectively) of C2 on the LS1B PCM. Figured that would make everything happy. Nope. It made the ABS light come on, and the speedo never worked. Any ideas as to where to go with this now?

Thanks,
    Branden

Yeah, I have told Karlen I can prob get his gauges to work, I even sent him a hacked file to try and flash to the LS1B PCM. That might get the gauges to work. But he didn't try it?

You most likely cannot have two pcms, on the serial data bus, its not Can bus, its GM serial data. You will have all sorts of errors doing that! You can disconnect the LS1B PCM, and use the P12 for gauges only, you will need to wire the abs to the P12, as well. And you will need the old I5 crank reluctor welded to the balancer, with a crank sensor, for the tach to work.

Or you could just reflash the LS1B PCM with the hacked file and see if that works. You'd need to move the sending unit ground and wire over to it as well.

also any ABS code will need to be cleared with a tech 2, or Actran abs scanner, MT2500, etc.. they are latching codes, ounce, set they will not clear, even after disconnecting the battery

Well I do sell harnesses and hacked PCM programming for these trucks, so I don't want to discuses everything out in the open, I help were I can, not trying to be rude. The original hacked file I sent was from cal-editor, he did it free of charge, and deserves the credit if that works! I have since cracked the E40, and do a lot of hex editing myself, so I maybe also be able to help, if that file doesn't work, or he may help change it as well.

As for your truck I'll send you a PM a well, I don't mind helping the odd guy out, but if its all up hear in plain sight, then my competition might steel the info.

Quote Originally Posted by 04colyZQ8 View Post
    Yeah, I have told Karlen I can prob get his gauges to work, I even sent him a hacked file to try and flash to the LS1B PCM. That might get the gauges to work. But he didn't try it?

You most likely cannot have two pcms, on the serial data bus, its not Can bus, its GM serial data. You will have all sorts of errors doing that! You can disconnect the LS1B PCM, and use the P12 for gauges only, you will need to wire the abs to the P12, as well. And you will need the old I5 crank reluctor welded to the balancer, with a crank sensor, for the tach to work.

Or you could just reflash the LS1B PCM with the hacked file and see if that works. You'd need to move the sending unit ground and wire over to it as well.

also any ABS code will need to be cleared with a tech 2, or Actran abs scanner, MT2500, etc.. they are latching codes, ounce, set they will not clear, even after disconnecting the battery

Oh, well he never said anything to me about it, and he says he doesn't remember getting it. But I appreciate you being willing to send it my way.

Why cant both the P12 and LS1B be on the same Serial bus? Isn't it the same language? I would think that they would just fill in the gaps, like Finish each other's sentences? Or are they instead talking over one another?
    The errors that show up on the DIC are Traction control, ABS, and there was one other that I can't remember off hand. We never checked the DTCs though.

Thanks,
    Branden

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast