Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 04 Colorados V8 E67 6l80 and t56

Also, we had the ABS light on, then off, then on, then off, and then it came on and stayed on. The only thing we changed to make it turn on and off was hook up the P12 VSS Hi and Low to the LS1B VSS Hi and Low. Does that say anything to ya?

Branden

You can try it, but you will get reduced power if the P12 thinks there is a tach? And no pedal or TB. The cluster/bcm doesn't know what to do? Its getting two signals from the PCMs, but you never know..maybe it will work, I just think they will conflict? traction control? That's wired? Hid P09, or P12, or BCM shouldn't have traction control?

I guess I can't say Traction control. It said "Traction" so I am only assuming it meant Traction Control

Yeah the ABS speed signal is going from the LS1B two the abs, so if you removed the V.S.S from the LS1B then you would get no speed to the ABS. You should move the abs speed from the LSB to the P12.

I suggested that Karlen check that the sender wire from the sending unit went to the LS1B, as the gas gauge should work on the LSB1, only the speedo shouldn't work... so at least that one finally makes sense!

Yeah I emailed him the HTP file that was hacked, said it shouldn't ask you to licence it, but you will have to install the custom OS he has, and copy paste all his tables from the existing tune into the one I send, the write with his buddies HPT. Are you the buddy that has HPT? He said it was to much of a pain to drive to his friends and use HPT, kinda sucked since I spent so much time getting the file hacked on his be half, and then was saddened to not even see if it worked?

I'll gladly send it too you

in his defense he didn't ask me to do it for him, not upset with him, just disappointed to not see it follow through. Last I heard he was gonna go 58x and E67??

As far as I know, the LS1B isn't sending anything to the ABS. Even if it was, what I have done shouldn't have affected it. I only spliced into the speed sensor signal. I didn't remove it from the LS1B. So both computers should be getting the same signal. I know the speed sensor output is different from the 4l60 to the T56, but that should only mean the speedo would be incorrect, instead of unresponsive.

I'm assuming he never had the fuel Level signal going to the LS1B. I haven't messed with his wiring except for what I just did this past weekend, So I don't have a clue what all they hooked up/didn't hook up.

Nope. I only use EFILive. I'm not sure who he was using for HPT. It saddens me as well, knowing that effort was seemingly wasted. Hopefully we can put it to use now thought!
    I'm not sure what his plans are for the 58x and E67.

Thanks,
    Branden

Correction on my part P01, not P09. Yeah the speedo doesn't work, because the speed signal is sent out via hard wire to the cluster on that application, it needs to go via class 2 GM data bus, a Booleen in the code, and a few other things were changed in attempt to get the speedo to work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast