Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 04 Colorados V8 E67 6l80 and t56

Right, Which is why I figured that the P12 would do the trick if we gave it the signals the LS1B wouldn't output over Serial Bus. Does the cluster recieve info for the fuel gauge via serial bus? If so, why does it work now with the P12 active on the same bus?

Yes the fuel gauge should work, with either pcm, it sends it out via serial data, on either one. well probably because the LS1B says zero fuel, cause the sender isn't hooked up. This issue maybe the temp gauge it works? even though its reading nothing from one pcm, and something from the other pcm? That's were a conflict may occur, two signals are being sent for the temp gauge, odometer?, and various idot lights. which one does the BCM/cluster abs no what to use? The abs gets torque and rpm from the engine, but does it see zero torque, plud zero rpm, or a mix??? it just seems like it could be a can of worms, watch that the odometer doesn't get random miles added.

Now that I am thinking about it.... the ABS light came on when I cut the VSS wires going to the LS1B thinking they were useless to have going to the LS1B.

Another thing now that I have pondered this, When he has his Bluetooth scantool hooked to it, you can see the speed on it. But ONLY when the LS1B is hooked to the VSS High and Low. Soooooo..... its saying something over serial data. Why doesn't the speedo listen? I'll try the file you sent me, but it doesn't make sense to me that its giving speed signal, but not showing any on the gauge.

Branden

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123