Thread: LMM DSP5 Problems

Default LMM DSP5 Problems

So I'm having issues with creating a DSP5 tune. It seems the computer is referencing the wrong tables for the tune selected. For example my towing tune is on DSP#2 but the turbo brake is active on all tunes. I have DSP#4 as my stock tune down to the vane position, when I have that tune selected the vanes should be closed at idle but they do not. I have logged and can confirm the tunes are switching with my switch. Does anyone have any idea what I'm missing?

Also the normal tune I usually run does not work the same when it's in my DSP tune. It smokes way more than it should and sometimes bucks. Not sure why that is.

My OS is 8594

Thanks,
    Dennis

I'm really hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I would post the tunes but I'm using tunes that I bought a while back and that wouldn't be fair to the tuner.

I recently turned the Egr back on and changed some vane positions at lower rpm. Guess I'll flash that in and see if it changes anything.

That's what I thought too. But it's not referencing the right tables for the tunes selected. I have verified with the scan tool it's switching correctly but the tunes aren't running as commanded.
    The dsp#2 has my turbo brake but it is still active on all the other tunes.
    Also I'm getting a weird smoke and buck issue on the bigger tunes. If I run the same tune alone, non - dsp, they work great. Could the Egr cause that if it's not blocked even though it's turned off?

Ok, so I kept the egr disabled so it would reference the "egr off" tables but it still isn't referncing the correct tables. At idle on the stock tune the vane position is supposed to be 80%. I'm showing ~10% at idle, which is what all the other tunes are set at. Not sure why it won't reference the correct table. I'm lost, guess I'll go back to a single tune until I get this figured out, lol.

Don't give up Dennis! DSP5 settings can be really funky especially with the turbo brake. I know some of mine never worked when they were supposed to. But you can and will fihure it out as others have.
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Was this truck ever tuned with a handheld ?

Perhaps the stock OS used to create the DSP5 tunes is corrupted
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Thanks, Boost. I just went for another ride and it's working a lot better now. I unplugged the EGR motor, no more smoking and bucking. Everything seems to be working right except for the DSP#4 still not referencing the idle vane position. Towing brake is working on DSP#2 only now, like it's supposed to. So with that I just ordered a EGR Blocker plate and I'll get to enjoy that install once it comes in.

GMC- It's only ever been tuned by efilive. I have the original file. I based all my tunes off of the original and they work great by themselves. I'm just doing the old copy and paste to build them into a DSP5 tune.

LMM are notorious for EGR problems. I recommend you block it, better yet delete it. With a delete kit, take care with the baffled part of the up pipe. If you can swing it, go for the upgrade ceramic coated up pipes. With that, the cooler delete and a DSP5 switch (with my tunes LOL) - you will REALLY love your LMM. They become brutal and trouble free
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado