Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help Tuning 6.2L 6L80E Its retarding timing 0 knock

Lifetime Member

Default Help Tuning 6.2L 6L80E Its retarding timing 0 knock

Im still learning, thats why i need help.

I did an engine swap on a 2005 Jeep JK , i installed a 6.2L with a 6L80E..

Engine is working fine and transmission too..

But in WOT the timing stays betwen 2-17 degrees and even negative numbers, but it isnt nocking, i modify some tables to check if it was retarding timing but i havent had any luck, can someone take alook on the tune and the log and help me please

The stock tunes from the files i atached are on tunefiledepot
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

The Knock sensor on Bank1 wasnt connected, i did connect it, and modify some tables on the tune and the spark timing looks to be working fine.. can someone take a look on the current tunes on the car and see what i can changue or how i can improve it,, im still learning and i dont want to mess with the VE tables, so i probably will convert it to MAF only tune and tune the MAF with a WIDEBAND, thanks everyone

I can take a look at your files over the next few days...

After a quick look:

trans file:
    - part throttle shift tables: curves cross each other;
    - TCC apply/release tables: curves cross each other;

when the curves cross each other, it becomes unpredictable which gear will be selected at the current operating point...

for example, if the 5->4 curve dives underneath the 3->4 curve, what gear should be selected as the operating point passes this crossover...?

Lifetime Member

Thats why when i in WOT car will not downshift or upshift it only revss to 5000-6000 and i need to remove my foot from the pedal

thanks you alot

but i really havent understand about part throttle shifts and downshifts
    i mean how to setup part throttle shifts and tcc, car has 4.56 gears a 35inch tires,
    Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    After a quick look:

trans file:
    - part throttle shift tables: curves cross each other;
    - TCC apply/release tables: curves cross each other;

when the curves cross each other, it becomes unpredictable which gear will be selected at the current operating point...

for example, if the 5->4 curve dives underneath the 3->4 curve, what gear should be selected as the operating point passes this crossover...?

That's the other thing also, the WOT MPH and WOT RPM shift points have to be analyzed for consistency with each other and the PT tables (need tire diameter in inches, and axle gear ratio)...

for a WOT shift, both the WOT MPH and WOT RPM have to be met (exceeded);

you also have to check that WOT is being triggered (compare D1251, D1250 with SAE.TP and GM.ETCTP).

Lifetime Member

Does WOT shifts only use the WOT MPH and WOT RPM parameters?? because on part throttle shift on the tables it has from 0% TPS to 100% TPS

And i ask this because in 4Low it will shift from 1 to 2 then to 3 but it will not shift to 4-5-6

(i have to clarify that this engine/trans is on a 05 TJ Jeep, is a 2wd Tune , but i think it should shift even in 4Low because the 6L80E has the VSS inside it

That's the other thing also, the WOT MPH and WOT RPM shift points have to be analyzed for consistency with each other and the PT tables (need tire diameter in inches, and axle gear ratio)...

for a WOT shift, both the WOT MPH and WOT RPM have to be met (exceeded);

you also have to check that WOT is being triggered (compare D1251, D1250 with SAE.TP and GM.ETCTP).

WOT shifts use only WOT MPH and WOT RPM parameters (for a paricular WOT upshift, both parameters must be met before the TCM commands the upshift)...

when switching from Part Throttle to WOT, you want the PT tables MPH tables to agree with the WOT MPH parameters to avoid any surprises.

I'll have to take a closer look at your tables...

yes, if the TCM is able to understand that the transfer case is in 4LOW mode then it should be able to use the 4Low tables.

Lifetime Member

On a 2WD 6L80 the TCM and ECM uses the speed sensors inside the 6L80,, on 4x4 6L80 trucks, it has a VSS on the transfer Case, this vss goes to the E38 ECM,
    on the car im working it does not have the VSS on the transfer case, it is using the internal speed sensor of the 6L80E, so the PCM and TCM doesnt know that im on 4Low so as long as it hits the MPH and RPM it should shift right?? when i switch to 4Low, it will hit limiter and shift to 2nd hit speed limiter and shift to 3rd then will hit limiter and will not shift even if it is reaching the mph and rpm, i dont know what is going.. it shifts all 6 gears in part throttle on 4Low..

If you need a specific LOG i can provide it, i want this to work as it should.
    i atached the latest tunes on the car
    I modified the trans tune, pressure and shift times

WOT shifts use only WOT MPH and WOT RPM parameters (for a paricular WOT upshift, both parameters must be met before the TCM commands the upshift)...

when switching from Part Throttle to WOT, you want the PT tables MPH tables to agree with the WOT MPH parameters to avoid any surprises.

I'll have to take a closer look at your tables...

yes, if the TCM is able to understand that the transfer case is in 4LOW mode then it should be able to use the 4Low tables.

Hmmm... I forgot about VSS coming from the transfer case... when in 4 Low which tables does the TCM use...?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast