Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New to forum -deciding to buy

No wasting of credits. The only time you use a vin license (credit in hp tuners terms) is when you flash a file into a pcm for the first time with that cable. Once licensed to that pcm, you can make as many operating system changes (standard or custom) as you like with no further costs.
    The quickest way to get up & running with a custom OS is.
    Find the custom operating system you wish to use at C:\Documents\My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\Bins\Custom OS.
    Do a full flash to your pcm of the custom os. (here is where you will use your vin license)
    Open the stock tune you are using & calibration flash only. This will put your stock settings onto the custom os.
    Read the file from the pcm & ensure that the custom settings (A00x) are at sane values as described in the tutorial.
    Go to the B3647 fuel mixture table & correct this due to the axis change.
    Save & then cal only flash this as your base tune.
    The Tremor at AIR

thanks 5.7 Taz had the file location in the post above yours but reading the tutorial it does not indicate where the files were ,5.7 if thats your car it looks familiar to me , do you travel ? Im t/s

No that isn't my car. It is a friends that I tune/crew on here in Alice Springs. I believe when it was campaigned in the States it was called the Texas Tremor, but it has been here in Oz for the last 4 years.
    I will be licensing & running the car here for our September meet. (If I don't crap my pants) lol
    The Tremor at AIR

I think you may consider a diaper just in case LOL , Im in the mid 6 second t/s and between the noise and blurred vision and g force I still get anxiety sometimes before i get into my car , Im sure you will dig it !!!

Well i removed the hpt o/s from my file and had good luck with the conversion thanks to you and taz , two issues came up , one my ve table was about 12 point high across the board . I tried to write my calibrations again which were good for the hpt o/s and got the same thing and one other issue with three things out of range ,im at work and cant remember what but I will post it up later , Im not sure if the o/s bumped up my ve or hpt and efi measure it different

Regards
    Jim

Out-of-range cells, see:
    - post #28 here: Collecting-links-to-scattered-material
    - post $14 here: help-kr*-problem

Default ve table

this was after the second try , the first try is was way rich and i mean too rich , not sure what happened the original table stated out at 40 when my oem file was 30 now i have nothing
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SW1911; March 23rd, 2014 at 02:51 AM.

Which procedure/tutorial are you following...?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (5).png 
Views:	362 
Size:	120.5 KB 
ID:	16572the one in the tool when the file is open under tutorials custom o/s ls1 pdf , this was my stock file i pulled and blew calibrations back in with efi

after read , full flash of o/s can push in oem calibration this is how my ve looks

Name:	Screenshot (6).png 
Views:	331 
Size:	156.7 KB 
ID:	16573

Thanks everyone
    Last edited by SW1911; March 23rd, 2014 at 05:09 AM.

Name:	Screenshot (8).png 
Views:	222 
Size:	134.1 KB 
ID:	16576 I have no idea how this happened , but i have bee at it all day . trying to find out how to change the main ve limits also here is an exel file for row to column change if anyone wants it , Thanks to my Angel stefanie
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

STOP ... STOP ... STOP

You have something configured very wrong. The VE table values in Grams*Kelvin/kPa in a stock engine should not be exceeding about 2.2000 - you are nearly 5 times that.

If you are trying to copy and paste from HPT, make certain you are working with equivalent units.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast