Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LS9 with trailblazer SS E67 cal

Also...the ABS issue has been fixed. Going in with the Tech 2 and setting the ABS module to the smallest possible tire size (P195/xx/R14 I think??) allowed the front wheel speed and rear wheel speed difference to come within 5%. So the speeds were still different, but closer together than they were before.

But what was VERY interesting was, within a mile or so of driving, the front wheel speeds and rear wheel speeds suddenly synced up, as viewed by the Tech 2 reading live ABS data. So it seems that, if wheel speed difference is greater than 10%, it sets a C0238 code. But if the difference is less than 10%, yet remains consistent, then the ABS module does some "learning" and recalculating and corrects for the difference. Very cool!!!

Ben
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Just a few, mostly related to after-run time and the PWM % for how the fans ramp on. It isnt enough to warrant me changing it on my personal truck with a 2 relay efan kit, but when I do my 3 relay fan harness swap and new fans I'll do it then. All of my customers get a tweaked version of PCMofNC's version, they're all running PCMofNC harnesses but I like to change a few on/off and after-run params.
    Ah ok. Yeah this is a very simple setup. Just one e-fan/relay. Its either on, or off.....so I dont see any need to reflash. It works fine, runs stable temp, doesnt overheat when left idling parked in a 70* shop, etc... Im just gonna leave it alone.
    12.9s @ 108 mph

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    Ah ok. Yeah this is a very simple setup. Just one e-fan/relay. Its either on, or off.....so I dont see any need to reflash. It works fine, runs stable temp, doesnt overheat when left idling parked in a 70* shop, etc... Im just gonna leave it alone.
    Yea, leave it then ha!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Yes...there is also a grayed out table to enable the second IAT sensor. Its visible in EFILive, but grayed out. I have NOT been able to find the table in HP Tuners...so I was never able to enable that one. Sorry for the confusion.

So basically...its annoying that EFILive has those listed, but grayed out. WHY???? They obviously work, IF we're allowed to change them!!!! Is it because of "potentially unknown results"?? That doesnt make sense though; they give us access to "dangerous" electronic throttle control tables with nothing grayed out/limited.....so why cant EFILive let us change B8027, B8028, B8029????
    I'll tell you WHY Ben, greyed out calibrations are actually to minimise support questions and show people a reference only, simple as that.
    Lets say someone has a Northstar E67 tune, they go turn all those on 'because my Northstar is now supercharged', it does nothing because all the underlying calibrations are not set up from GM.
    Unpredictable results, yes certainly, can EFILive fix it? Probably not.
    I can't tell you the amount of times we have been asked to enable those cals (B8027, B8028, B8029) on the E38 because HPT has them, well guess what, in the E38 code those do nothing, they can't, the ECM doesn't even have the outputs to control those functions, that is why we don't even show them on the E38. Same goes for the IAT2 sensor scaler, the table is in the E38 calibrations but bypassed in the code so what would be the point of showing it in an E38? We really do try to make life easier for you all.

The other thing to be careful of is sometimes GM use the same output for various functions, I don't know on the E67 what the Intercooler pump output might also be used for on other platforms.

It's the same old battle Ben, we try to minimise the potential to brick ECM's through bad calibrations (div by zero errors), minimise support questions, unfortunately sometimes we just can't win whatever way we choose, I could enable them for editing but I don't want to because it'll just cause more headaches that it is worth for us unless you want to pass out your GM engineering contacts details to everyone else to get all those underlying calibrations populated?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ross- I sincerely apologize if my last post came off as an attack on you. I was just frustrated in the moment with the thing and my bad temper got the better of me when I was posting!

I completely understand why you did what you did as far as graying out the tables and after calming down and thinking about it, dont blame you one bit for making that decision.

I got it running well...but there is still a very strange torque reduction issue that is happening. The ECM or TCM is asking for strange/sporadic torque reductions. If you put the trans in manual-second gear and floor it from a stop, it boils the tires off, throttle follows accelerator position, throttle holds 100%...then on the 2-3 upshift, throttle drops to 50% or so, even though APPS still logs 100%. In park/neutral, it revs up fine and makes boost, etc. Its just in 3rd or 4th gear, something strange happens. 1st gear is "sometimes". You could do 5 back-to-back runs and the torque reductions never happen in the same place/same time.

Sometimes, at higher speed, if you floor it, on kick down, throttle will open to 100% for a couple seconds, then close to 50%...then half a second later it jumps back to 100%....then back down to 50%. I have no idea what is going on...because if the ECM just follows the damn accelerator position, it runs awesome. Makes full boost, etc. Got the wideband on it, and everything looks good there too. So now its really no longer a "tuning" issue per say....its a torque-limiting/reduction gremlin we're chasing.

Attached are the logs. Its easy to see in the log how the defuel to 50% throttle is random and doesnt seem to follow any pattern. Except in manual-2nd gear it runs great.

Whats odd is table B2804 is very different between the GMPP cal and the TBSS cal. I tried both variations, and neither made a difference.

So I have no idea what is causing the ECM to make those sudden drastic torque reductions. Or maybe the TCM is asking for it???

If anyone has any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated.... This is haunting me and giving me flash-backs of what the LLY ECM sometimes does....
    Attached Files Attached Files
    12.9s @ 108 mph

Lifetime Member

So the TBSS 2008 still uses class 2 to drive the cluster and a few things?

Thanks
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    So the TBSS 2008 still uses class 2 to drive the cluster and a few things?

Thanks
    Yes ...

Also...the ABS issue has been fixed. Going in with the Tech 2 and setting the ABS module to the smallest possible tire size (P195/xx/R14 I think??) allowed the front wheel speed and rear wheel speed difference to come within 5%. So the speeds were still different, but closer together than they were before.

But what was VERY interesting was, within a mile or so of driving, the front wheel speeds and rear wheel speeds suddenly synced up, as viewed by the Tech 2 reading live ABS data. So it seems that, if wheel speed difference is greater than 10%, it sets a C0238 code. But if the difference is less than 10%, yet remains consistent, then the ABS module does some "learning" and recalculating and corrects for the difference. Very cool!!!

Ben
    Interesting I need some help on 128k output with a E67, for starters what pin is it, and how did you enable it?

Hey guys any news on this build , I just picked up a project someone tried to swap a lsa/6l80e into a 06 Silverado they failed miserably. Does the tbss file have provisions for the iat2 sensor?

Also would the ipc functions work as well? example ... like the mpg and avg mpg instant mpg and whatever else that shows up on the dash

Thanks guys

Any more info on how to enable Class 2 on a E67 that doesn’t have it enabled from the factory.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast