Hi everyone....got a couple questions.

Background on the project:

2006 SSR with a GM Performance Parts LS9 swapped in.

Originally the shop that did the swap got it running with the GMPP E67 setup as standalone. But obviously none of the Class 2 stuff worked (instrument cluster, AC, etc). So the shop contacted someone at GM engineering to "turn on" Class 2 comms in the calibration so the gauges would work. Although there were still some issues.... GM engineering refused to enable cruise control, ABS/traction control PWM signal wires, and a couple other little things due to reasons of liability. And even though GM engineering enabled Class 2 comms, the PRND321 indicator still didn't work right. P, R, N worked....but D, 3, 2, 1 just made the display go blank.

And the speedometer was a little off. And couldn't be fixed with EFILive or HPT because that table wasn't mapped out in the GMPP OS.

So the shop contacted me to see if I could contribute any additional knowledge/advice since I have a decent background in the GM truck/SUV electrical systems, ABS, chassis controls, etc.

So heres what I came up with and have been working on the past couple days:

Swapped out the GMPP E67 LS9 calibration with a 2008 trailblazer SS E67 LS2 calibration. That fixed the traction control (although its still setting a C0279 incorrect powertrain configuration DTC, still working on that), PRND321 display, and will allow cruise to work once I add the additional wiring to the GMPP LS9 harness.

I had to do a little re-pinning of the GMPP LS9 harness to work with the trailblazer SS calibration, but its pretty much good to go now.

BUT obviously the TBSS E67 cal is setup for N/A, and the LS9 is supercharged obviously. And for some semi-annoying reason, EFILive has B8027, B8028, B8029 grayed out so I cant "enable" the supercharger stuff. HOWEVER. HP Tuners doesn't have those tables grayed out...you can change them.

So I read the calibration out with HP Tuners, changed the supercharger stuff to "YES", flashed it back in with HPT, read the calibration back out with EFILive, and sure enough, now B8027-B8029 now read "YES"...perfect, I think?

I also copied all of the GMPP LS9 calibration fuel, spark, etc, tables into the TBSS calibration, so the engine will run properly.

But since the 08 TBSS has a mechanical fan, now the E-fan had no control because its disabled in the TBSS cal.

SO...I went to PCM of NC website and found the patched EFILive file for e-fans enabled. Flashed that in, read the tune out with HPT, enabled supercharger stuff, flashed with HPT, then read out with EFILive, copied all the LS9 tables into the e-fan and supercharger patched EFILive file, flashed that in....and FINALLY....now I have an 08 TBSS calibration in there with e-fans ON, supercharger stuff ON, and LS9 tables copied in there.

WOW...that was a PITA. But its working.

The question I have...is what other stuff do I have to do to the TBSS E67 calibration to make it properly run the LS9? Doesn't the LS9 have some other ECM-controlled supercharger stuff? How is boost controlled on a factory LS9 (and GMPP LS9 calibration) calibration??? What additional sensors does the LS9 have that an LS2 doesn't?

Whats interesting.....is that if I go in with the Tech 2 and build the vehicle as a 2009 corvette, and then go into bi-directional controls and turn on/off LS9-specific stuff (like the intercooler coolant pump)......IT WORKS!! So the TBSS E67 cal must still have LS9 stuff in it...its just un-used in TBSS. Either that, or when I went into B8028, etc and changed it to "YES" with HPT....it "wakes up" and "turns on" all the LS9 supercharger controls in the E67 TBSS calibration????

Basically....now that the thing is running with no more check engine lights, ABS, speedo, factory gauges, cruise control, PRND321 display.......I just need to make sure that as far as running and making power safely, the TBSS E67 calibration (with supercharger stuff turned "on" with HPT) will run the LS9 properly, or as well as a factory Vette ZR1 LS9 calibration.

I cant use an LS9 vette calibration, because the Vette uses only GMLAN...no Class 2 comms are enabled in the Vette calibration. TBSS is the only E67 calibration with Class 2 still enabled. Well, and the Chevy Colorado too also has E67/Class2, but I figured the TBSS calibration was the closest E67 cal I was going to get to an LS9.

What say you guys?

Ben