Thread: ls2 GTO with Magnuson tuning

Default ls2 GTO with Magnuson tuning

I have a friend with this car which is an automatic and is stock other than a maggie on top. It has the tune, injectors, fuel pump booster, etc from the supercharger kit.

He has purchased an overdrive crank pulley and offroad midpipes and would like to have the tune checked and updated for these changes. Before he pays to unlock it I wanted to make sure I am not wasting his time and money.

I have done tuning on a couple ls1 cars with cams and bolt ons using the Calc.vet method with good results. I also have the Master EFI Tuner book and I believe one of the case studies includes a forced induction car so I can do some reading there too.

One thing I've noticed right off the bat is that when logging the throttle position PID I use is incorrect as is shows 10-11% at 0% and I am fairly sure at WOT it is at 88%. Is there another standard PID that should be used with drive by wire cars?

Are there other major differences which would prevent me from using the calc.vet setup to check the VE table and MAF table?
    71 Chevelle, LS1/4l60e, EPS 230/238 113+2, hand ported 799s, ported Fast 90/90, Doug's headers, 3.42 12 bolt

Hi Thunder,

For DBW LS1/LS2 log the pids GM.TP and GM.ETCTP... (and maybe GM.APP/APP1/APP2 but not necessarily).