Thread: Benchtop T43 Programming

Default Benchtop T43 Programming

When I plug in my benchtop harness into my T43 I just get this repetitive clicking. Anyone else ever get this?
    Trailblazer "RS" 5.3L 6L80 4x4 & '07 TBSS LS2 6L90 AWD

Lifetime Member

Are you able to read the T43 ?

They will click / clack / etc., and make a high pitch whine sound.

What type of bench top harness do you have ? Are you also connecting to an E38 / E67 to terminate the CAN Bus pathway of the bench top harness, or are you using a resistor as a stand in for an ECM ?

I ended up putting the T43 in a pan of trans fluid, thinking that the constant clicking could be it searching for pressure. Now I get a single 1st click, high pitch whine, then a second click...but no matter what EFILive says TCM is undetected when I attempt to read the program. I am using a resistor stand in for the ECM from EFIConnection.

Maybe there is a procedure I'm not doing correctly. It's odd bc I programmed this T43 a month ago with no problems.

Apart from the 120 Ohm resistor across the CAN H and L there is no other special procedure needed to talk to the T43 alone.
    I have found that the sounds they make on the bench also changes depending on what program it is running, but that whining is always there.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Apart from the 120 Ohm resistor across the CAN H and L there is no other special procedure needed to talk to the T43 alone.
    I have found that the sounds they make on the bench also changes depending on what program it is running, but that whining is always there.
    Thank you. I just contacted EFIConnections and I think the problem is I am using one of their older 1.25A power suppliers with the harness and they upgraded to a 2.5A due to the T43's (and presumed other modules) power needs. So that is the problem. Thanks again.
    Last edited by TBMSport; February 22nd, 2014 at 10:39 AM.

Lifetime Member

I have always used a large 12V boost pack as a power source for bench programming ... guaranteed to meet any power consumption required ... no potential cross-over of ground circuits ... and portable.

Who makes yours Taz?
    Last edited by TBMSport; February 22nd, 2014 at 11:03 AM.

Ah yeah, that T43 pulls some serious power on start-up when it cycles the solenoids.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by TBMSport View Post
    Who makes yours Taz?
    I made my own bench top interface ... it has fused battery and ignition circuits, and individual switches for each. It also has a voltage meter and "ignition on" idiot light (me being the idiot). It is contained in a small all weather case with a carry handle. It has come in handy more times than I can count - when you need to work in conjunction with other craftsmen on a build, or simply test something where it sits (like a 6L80/90).

I initially purchased several programming harnesses from EFIConnection, but now tend to make these myself as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    I made my own bench top interface ... it has fused battery and ignition circuits, and individual switches for each. It also has a voltage meter and "ignition on" idiot light (me being the idiot). It is contained in a small all weather case with a carry handle. It has come in handy more times than I can count - when you need to work in conjunction with other craftsmen on a build, or simply test something where it sits (like a 6L80/90).

I initially purchased several programming harnesses from EFIConnection, but now tend to make these myself as needed.
    Sound like it's neat and tidy... I'm thinking of making myself such a box, I think voltmeter is a good idea.