Thread: Autocal newbie ?

Default Autocal newbie ?

I bought an autocal with prebuilt tunes for my lmm duramax. The tunes were built from my vin #. Before plugging into my truck should I upload the tunes to my computer? Do I need to plug into the truck first for everything to work? I'm concerned about downloading the stock tune to the autocal and wipe out the built tunes. This may not be possible. I'm not sure. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Kmanrsss; February 23rd, 2014 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Autocorrect spelling

It depends if your tuner included a stock tune with his tunes or not. Did it come with instructions? You can't erase tunes by reading the stock one. It will say system full if it has run out of memory.
    Dan's Diesel Performance
    www.dansdieselperformance.com

Lifetime Member

AutoCal is hardware we sell to professional tuners. Tuners use AutoCal in many different ways to suit the needs of their business - some sell generic tunes, some custom tunes. Some require you to read your file before sending you modified files, some don't. Some use the basic menu structure, some used an advanced menu structure. The tuner determines what software versions you need to run - ie. never update unless your tuner tells you to, because your software must match what they have in their FlashScan.

As a result of these unique settings, those same tuners must offer support for AutoCal because there are simply too many variables....and in most cases the product is rebranded, so the purchase is really the Tuners handheld. There are a couple of product user guides on our website, but what applies to you will depend on what your tuner has done.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.