Thread: Arbitration ID question...T43

Default Arbitration ID question...T43

I have been researching on the web for the format of the CAN message for telling what gear the GM 6 speed automatic transmission is in ( ie. Park, neutral, reverse, Drive, Drive 2 , Drive 1). I have found some info on the web but nothing definite. The question is what is the Message ID ( also known as the arbitration ID) and the data for the transmission gear selection message?

Quote Originally Posted by koryenger View Post
    I have been researching on the web for the format of the CAN message for telling what gear the GM 6 speed automatic transmission is in ( ie. Park, neutral, reverse, Drive, Drive 2 , Drive 1). I have found some info on the web but nothing definite. The question is what is the Message ID ( also known as the arbitration ID) and the data for the transmission gear selection message?
    Maybe ask as www.carmodder.com... I know the guys there do ALOT of canbus sniffing to build/customize their gadgets.

Cheers, Chris