Thread: Big Injector (2150cc) & 6l90 Tuning

Default Big Injector (2150cc) & 6l90 Tuning

Ok we know if your MAF is incorrectly scaled the TCM receives an erroneous torque value and makes incorrect shift adjustments. Why it is so critical to have a spot on engine tune with the 6L80/90.

With the above stated getting the 2150cc injectors scaled correctly the MAF has been divided x2 (50%) so they are low thus causing issues with the trans now. Few people I talked said to mess with the PE table but that's wot what about cruising. Even with messing with the PE tables I don't think we will get the MAF back in line but maybe 20%.

Not sure on options but few ideas floating around in the air now.

1. Relocate the MAF sensor to the intercooler tank.
    2. Go to a lower cc injector (ID1300) and mess a little with the PE table to get things in line.

Thoughts? 1076rwhp on e85 (low boost) thus far but I want moar but I want a shifting trans too lol.

Have a read of this thread: Improving-shifts-via-the-ECM

you will have to manipulate those Torque Model tables to firm up the shifts.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Have a read of this thread: Improving-shifts-via-the-ECM

you will have to manipulate those Torque Model tables to firm up the shifts.
    The issue is the MAF is low due to the bigger injectors. I'm tuning the trans via hptuners.

The thread I pointed you to shows tables for adjusting the ECM's torque calculation... IDK if HPT shows those tables, if it doesn't then there's not much you can do.

The thread I pointed you to shows tables for adjusting the ECM's torque calculation... IDK if HPT shows those tables, if it doesn't then there's not much you can do.
    They function the same on hptuners. They call it torq EQ ratio and it's maxed out. The deal is the trans reads via the maf well the maf been dropped 50% to get the injectors (2150cc) to work thus creating a issue. Max injectors you can run is 1000cc without having to touch the maf.

Post a pic of that table...

Post a pic of that table...
    Got things back in line. Was able to add 30% back in during the cruising which fixed a lot. Think to bring things closer I'm going to play with the PE tables for wot.

Quote Originally Posted by 1INSANEV View Post
    The deal is the trans reads via the maf well the maf been dropped 50% to get the injectors (2150cc) to work thus creating a issue. Max injectors you can run is 1000cc without having to touch the maf.
    Max injector size before scaling varies between operating systems, some E38s only allow ~600cc/min before scaling is required due to flow rate limits.

The TCM is told engine torque by the ECM. Which the ECM has calculated via a complex equation (similar to VVE).
    When you lie to ECM about how much air is really coming in, by scaling the tune, you need to bump the calculated torque back up - by appropriately altering the equation co-coefficients - so that the ECM reports a true torque value to the TCM. EQ Ratio is only one of the coefficients; maxing it out alone won't fix the problem as it's only part of the equation.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1INSANEV View Post
    Ok we know if your MAF is incorrectly scaled the TCM receives an erroneous torque value and makes incorrect shift adjustments. Why it is so critical to have a spot on engine tune with the 6L80/90.

With the above stated getting the 2150cc injectors scaled correctly the MAF has been divided x2 (50%) so they are low thus causing issues with the trans now. Few people I talked said to mess with the PE table but that's wot what about cruising. Even with messing with the PE tables I don't think we will get the MAF back in line but maybe 20%.

Not sure on options but few ideas floating around in the air now.

1. Relocate the MAF sensor to the intercooler tank.
    2. Go to a lower cc injector (ID1300) and mess a little with the PE table to get things in line.

Thoughts? 1076rwhp on e85 (low boost) thus far but I want moar but I want a shifting trans too lol.
    Another option would be to halve the injector flow rate and double the Stoichiometric air/fuel ratio. All spark and airflow reference will be correct and torque calculation will as well. Haven't stumbled on a vehicle yet that didn't work with that option.