Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need help!

Default I need help!

I have a customer with an 04.5 and I cannot read his stock tune. Keeps coming up with a $0101 error. Pulled fuses, unhooked batteries. What do I do?
    2006 Mega, built billet ATS, BD towing twins.

Lifetime Member

You first step is to provide further information.

What is hardware is being used to read the vehicle? FlashScan V1, FlashScan V2 or AutoCal
    What software is being used to read the vehicle - V7 or V8, if V8 is it pass through or stand alone?
    What software versions are you running? Make sure you are running the latest public release software and list build numbers for V7, V8, firmware and bootblock.
    What trouble shooting have you attempted yourself?
    Have you read the Error code list contained in the documents section of your V8 installation? (From your windows menu Click on Start>Program Files>EFILive>V8 >Documents)

From the Error Code document, the issue you describe is listed as

$0101 No data received USB cable is faulty or not connected.

In rare circumstances the PC operating system or the EFILive software may be malfunctioning. In even rarer circumstances the FlashScan or AutoCal device’s USB circuitry may have been damaged. That damage occurs when the laptop is powered by a voltage inverter supplied from the vehicle’s battery. A power inverter must never be used to power the laptop while it is connected via FlashScan or AutoCal to the vehicle.

Check USB cables, plugs and connections. Try using a different USB port and/or different USB cable. Try rebooting the PC/laptop. Try using a self-powered USB hub between the PC/laptop and FlashScan or AutoCal. Try re-installing EFILive software which also re-installs the USB drivers

Cheers
    Cindy

V2, everything is up to date. Will flash other trucks so I know it's not a cable. I'm trying to read the stock file with v8.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 06megatuned View Post
    V2, everything is up to date. Will flash other trucks so I know it's not a cable. I'm trying to read the stock file with v8.
    You MUST LIST BUILD NUMBERS for further assistance to be offered.

You should open a Support ticket on our help desk. http://support.efilive.com/

Cheers
    Cindy

What's a build number? Sorry. Thank you for your help

Lifetime Member

In V8 scan and tune, you'll see an icon at the top of the page that says About. This will show your software build number.

For bootblock and firmware versions the instructions are;

Follow these steps to obtain the FlashScan V2 or AutoCal V2 Bootblock and Firmware versions using the EFILive version 8 software.

1. Connect your FlashScan V2 or AutoCal device to your PC.
    2. Open the EFILive Scan And Tune application.
    3. Select the F6: Device Settings option in the left-hand pane.
    4. In the bottom right corner of the FlashScan and AutoCal Device Settings screen click on the image that represents the FlashScan V2 or AutoCal device you have.
    5. The EFILive Control Panel application should appear in your system taskbar. The icons appearance will resemble a FlashScan V2 device.
    6. Click on the EFILive Control Panel icon in the taskbar to open the application.
    7. Select the F6: Firmware option in the left-hand pane.
    8. The Bootblock and Firmware versions will be shown in the right-hand pane.

For V7 software, to find your build number open the Tune Tool and click on the Help menu item, then About to bring up the software build number.

You should be running

V8.2.2 Build 237
    FlashScan/AutoCal firmware V2.07.52
    V7.5.7 Build 245
    FlashScan/AutoCal bootblock 2.07.06

Once you confirm you are running those versions, you should attempt to read the stock file from the vehicle in V8. If it fails, please attempt it in V7.

Cheers
    Cindy

My customer took his truck to the dealer and they couldn't even flash a stock tune in. I'm really confused. I've been flashing other trucks fine today.

Can you get any data from the OBD2 data port? Does the V2 power up if you plug just it in? Have you tried reading the TCM to see if you can get anything to read? Does it have an aftermarket radio?
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Yes on aftermarket radio. I pulled it out of the dash and unhooked it, pulled info, radio, amp fuses still nothing. Unhooked batteries for 15 min. Pulled connectors of ecm all three. Tried reading in v7.5 if PCM was locked and I would get an error. Never tried the TCM or hooking v2 up without laptop.

Check the cigar lighter fuse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast