Thread: LS1B incorrect throttle response only on changed tune

Lifetime Member

Default LS1B incorrect throttle response only on changed tune

Can someone look at my tune for me? I must have missed something. The truck is an 06 silverado with the HO 5.3. After tune 0000 was loaded the etctp was limited to 19% (idle was 16%) and after tune 0001 was loaded etctp was limited to 24%, both regardless of how far the accelerator pedal was pressed. Stock tune loaded back on the truck it behaved normally. Tune 0000 I changed the parameters under the torque limiting folder fairly aggressively (along with a multitude of other changes that were copied over from the tune I am running on my 05), but tune 0001 the values are set identical to my 05, which behaves perfectly normal. I am assuming this is related to the changes in the torque limiting tables, however it doesn't make sense to me because I copied the values from the tune on my 05.

This truck belongs to my brother, and it is about 300 miles away. He just bought the truck so the history is unknown, however no modifications appear to have been done to the engine. Both times a cal flash was performed. Is there as possibility that the max value for B6601 thru B6620 is set too high and the truck needs a full flash to correct the nearby memory values? I would recommend a full flash to him, however every time I have full flashed an LS1B controller it had to relearn the idle and I was wanting to avoid that if possible.

Here are the files. I am running the COS tune. I am posting it for reference for where I got the changes. This is probably something really simple I am just overlooking...
    LS1B_0000.ctz
    LS1B_stock.efi
    LS1B_Jordy's_Tan_06_stock.ctz
    LS1_0001.efi
    LS1_0001.ctz
    LS1B_0000.efi
    LS1B_COS_03_0023.ctz
    14 GMC Sierra
    5.3L CC SB 4x4
    Basic tuning....

Lifetime Member

well, changed all the torque limiting parameters back to stock and it drives fine. Does anyone have any ideas why the settings that work on an 05 screw up an 06?
    14 GMC Sierra
    5.3L CC SB 4x4
    Basic tuning....

I'm looking thru your files...

what table (id) did you change back to stock...?