Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E78 VVT Tables

Default E78 VVT Tables

Is it possible that there is some multiplier tables for cam position command for tables B7936 and B7956? I set both the tables at 0 and my log shows intake at 17.6* and exhaust at 10* at idle. It does not appear to be following the commanded table. Is there any way to get more turbo related tables as far as BOV tables, any airflow limits? Also I would like to see Peak Torque vs RPM/MPH tables if that is possible.
    Last edited by a78turbo; March 15th, 2014 at 10:22 AM.

Did you ever figure anything out? Facing the same issues... I'm updating the table but cannot figure out the relationship between the values entered into the table and actual phasing adjustments. Also trying to understand how the PCM is determining whether it's at High/Med/Low Baro, is it referencing MAP or is it based on Atmospheric somehow?

It is based on BARO, but there is some tables missing to get more control over them.
    04.5 2500HD LLY EC/LB
    14 Sonic RS Sedan
    GM Certified Technician
    President of the 'I killed an ECM' club

Quote Originally Posted by a78turbo View Post
    It is based on BARO, but there is some tables missing to get more control over them.

Which other tables are used for the phasing?

With the tables we have, I cannot command a given degree of cam phasing and have it track what is input into the maps. That leaves some other tables not uncovered controlling the actual VS desired phasing. Maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in and offer some guidance.
    04.5 2500HD LLY EC/LB
    14 Sonic RS Sedan
    GM Certified Technician

We don't know the exact method GM uses with this but the cam phasing is taken in to account with the torque calculations so it might be the ECM can override what the tables have to some degree (again, not 100% sure on that). But I am pretty sure the WOT position tables are followed exactly as is, it is the non WOT tables that seem to have a mind of their own.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    We don't know the exact method GM uses with this but the cam phasing is taken in to account with the torque calculations so it might be the ECM can override what the tables have to some degree (again, not 100% sure on that). But I am pretty sure the WOT position tables are followed exactly as is, it is the non WOT tables that seem to have a mind of their own.
    I do not see the tracking correlation even with the WOT table. My table shows 3.75* int. & 3.8* exh. and my logs at WOT show 14.6* int. & 14.8* exh. at 100% throttle by SAE.TAC_PCT PID.
    04.5 2500HD LLY EC/LB
    14 Sonic RS Sedan
    GM Certified Technician

Is that with the latest release the tables showing that? There was a couple of E39 OS's that had the cam tables scaled incorrectly. If you let me know what OS your Sonic has I'll try to check it out over the weekend as there might have been some E78 ones as well perhaps.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

12656286 E78 is the OS that I am working with. Thank you for taking the time to look at it, however I don't want you to waste a weekend on it.
    04.5 2500HD LLY EC/LB
    14 Sonic RS Sedan
    GM Certified Technician

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by a78turbo View Post
    I do not see the tracking correlation even with the WOT table. My table shows 3.75* int. & 3.8* exh. and my logs at WOT show 14.6* int. & 14.8* exh. at 100% throttle by SAE.TAC_PCT PID.
    This is now fixed, and will be available in the next beta software release. I'll shoot you an email with the calz files.

Cheers
    Cindy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast