Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help looking over tune

Cool Help looking over tune

1st tune i've built with efilive. I need someone to check over my tune & see if there is anything else that can be done to get more lo-mid range power, take off, throttle response out of it. I still can't spin the tires for some reason. Also see if anything needs to be changed in the tune. Help greatly appreciated!!

2005 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L Gas 4WD w/4L80E Trans
    Mods: Airaid Cold Air Intake/Throttle Body Spacer, Magnaflow Exhaust, No CATs, Yukon 4.56 Ring & Pinion, Yukon Posi-Trac Locker, 3 Inch Lift, 35 Inch Mud Grapplers, Trans-Go Shift Kit.

ALWAYS RUN 93 OCTANE

Modded Tune is MY TUNE. Other is FACTORY TUNE for my truck:

LS1BKyle_Modded2.ctz

2006 Chevrolet Silverado Truck Automatic LQ4 6.0 Litre (12587811).tun

Your ass end is heavy with that 14FF axle, but with those gears you should be able to at least chirp them with consistency, I would think. I haven/t messed with any DBW settings (I have DBC for both rigs) but I'm sure pulling some TM will help. That first gear in the 80 is a dog... something like 2.2X vs the 3.06 in the 60Es. Still tho, you've got plenty of gear for 35s in that hog. I'm a noob but I'll take a look at it, no sweat man

Different OSs between the cals, did you read your PCM then make changes to it and then reflash with that cal? The LS1BKyle_Modded2.ctz file? Probably, just checkin

Looks like you disabled TM and TCS all the way and eliminated torque limiting. Also added 2 deg to Hi Octane spark and copied into low octane. No knock counts under hard accel? Also noticed you zeroed out shift times for normal and perf mode, I'm not sure if leaving .25 sec or something like that isn't a bad idea, someone might say it is ok to zero out all the shift time tables but who knows. Also, about removing TM. I think the general consensus is that if you wipe TM/Limiting 100% you should raise the shift pressures a smidge. And then shorten up shift times a smidge.
    I would log it and see if you're not getting some knocks on hard accel and then the PCM pulls timing. Experts will be along shortly, I'm sure.

i can barely spin them in the rain bmd2_colo. The guys at the off road shop told me i should be able to roast 35's with those gears so idk whats goin on. The modded file is from my truck. i dont have my actual stock file bc i had a guy tune it with efilive before i bought the software. i jus got his tune out my truck & went off that. the other file is a stock file for my truck from tune depot. I took all TM & TCS off. i watch it closely though. still cant spin them. lol. no knock retard at all. i need to fine tune it with my VE tables which i dont know how. i will put my times to .25 sec. how high should i raise shift pressures? what shift times do i need to run? i've logged it already. i had to come down to 2 deg bc i was getting a little knock retard. Again im new to this, thats wht im asking all these questions. lol Appreciate all the help i can get!!
    Last edited by kylelavergne; March 20th, 2014 at 10:10 AM.

I hear yah, man. Yah, just see if you're gettin a bunch of SA retard when you try to break them loose. That will knock one thing off of the list of possible probs.
    Does the 80e act normal when you're driving around? Can you tell a difference betwen pre/post shift kit install? Did it help or hurt the way your truck picks up from a stop?

I'm assuming you've tried to break them loose with the tow/haul/performance button pushed in? Shift pressure is gonna need to go up in your 'Normal" columns, in my humble noob opinion.

what is SA retard & how can i check it? Acts perfect. I tuned it a little better than the other guys tune. Very smooth in part throttle but can def feel the shift kit in WOT. You can tell a difference with the kit. I think it helped a little on pick up. nothing major though.

Quote Originally Posted by bmd2_colo View Post
    I'm assuming you've tried to break them loose with the tow/haul/performance button pushed in? Shift pressure is gonna need to go up in your 'Normal" columns, in my humble noob opinion.
    I have tried both ways. No luck either way dude. How much should i go up? If you can give me a round about i can fine tune from there. Just dont want to go too high.

just run scan tool with the "default imperial.pid" list and jump over to the dashboard, it will give you basic realtime info on the essentials.

Spark Advance Retard. PCM commands a given spark advance for the ignition system for whatever you do with your right foot, then pulls it out if the knock sensors start picking up knock counts.

Sounds ok with the shift kit, ok cool. Well I would say try tacking on 10% to the stock shift pressures for both normal and performance, and reducing shift times by 20% from stock for both normal and perf.
    I've made the above changes to my Tahoe and 91 with an LQ4 and it helped it out a bit, especially in the Tahoe. Those are not extreme adjustments, so no worries. See how it does

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast