Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Help looking over tune

lots of good info here on the forum. Try out one of these threads, maybe. Helps me out a bunch

http://forum.efilive.com/forumdispla...l-Gas-Ethanol)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post

Joe- the "upside down" TCC tables are the way the 4L80E trucks are. Every one I've seen at least. Same with the upshift/downshift points. They're often "upside down" (from the typical car calibration) too.
    Being upside-down can prevent TCC from applying predictably.

Yes, set some sensible value (if not stock) for the rev limiters... and make sure the WOT MPH shift points converted to RPM are below the rev limiters.

Exclamation Updated Tune

Updated tune again. She's gettin better & better. Def feel more low-high end performance. Little more take off but not much. Shift points r awesome!! Would like to get more into the spark tables but dont know how. Thanks for all the suggestions guys!! GREATLY APPRECIATED!! Still looking for more low end & take off. I lack those 2 areas.

LS1BKyle_Modded_New Tune.ctz

LS1B_0015.efi
    2014 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4
    5.3L 6 speed
    S&B Cold Air Intake
    Granatelli Motorsports MAF Sensor
    3rd CAT & Muffler Delete
    Black Bear Performance Tune
    Snow Performance Water Methanol Injection
    Royal Purple Fluids

Question about B5913 HO Spark Timing table is: why did GM make it so low in the high load area...?

If GVW is high, then that's maybe why.

Usually you can increase timing from stock a little and get away with it (i.e. no further appreciable knock)... BUT.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Question about B5913 HO Spark Timing table is: why did GM make it so low in the high load area...?

Usually you can increase timing from stock a little and get away with it (i.e. no further appreciable knock)... BUT.
    I've noticed that also. is there a way to correct this?
    2014 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4
    5.3L 6 speed
    S&B Cold Air Intake
    3rd CAT & Muffler Delete
    Royal Purple Fluids

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post

It is because of the high GVW these trucks were designed for. Keeping the high load area very low allows them a ton of safety margin while towing 10k up a 4% grade even on substandard fuel. Running dedicated better octane fuel I find some of the areas can be more than tripled from stock and do so without detonation while adding considerably to the pulling power.

Most of the power increase on these (stock) 6.0 trucks comes from working on the timing tables since they're so conservative for Mr. John Q. Customer.

LS1BKyle_Modded_B5913_5914.ctz

Raised your spark a little bit, compare the two in EFILive so you can see the diff.
    Big Mike brought up some good points, bro. Adding spark advance will make your truck more prone to detonation, NO DOUBT. It’s up to you how far you wanna go, just log it and if it it knocking, back off the spark. Too much spark=knocking=pieces of your piston heads will start to break. Bad day. Read your plugs, see if they have signs of detonation. When you change spark, your fuel burn is gonna change. Generally more spark=leaner chamber, less spark=more rich. So after this,run a CALC_VET and clean up your MAF and VE. It is changing with your spark advance changes.
    Did you include in addition to the default imperial.pid list, gm_dyncylair.dma pid? Include that pid in the next log.
    Gotta run, exhaust shop appt for my Tahoe.
    Easy on that right foot, man!! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by bmd2_colo View Post
    LS1BKyle_Modded_B5913_5914.ctz

Raised your spark a little bit, compare the two in EFILive so you can see the diff.
    Big Mike brought up some good points, bro. Adding spark advance will make your truck more prone to detonation, NO DOUBT. It’s up to you how far you wanna go, just log it and if it it knocking, back off the spark. Too much spark=knocking=pieces of your piston heads will start to break. Bad day. Read your plugs, see if they have signs of detonation. When you change spark, your fuel burn is gonna change. Generally more spark=leaner chamber, less spark=more rich. So after this,run a CALC_VET and clean up your MAF and VE. It is changing with your spark advance changes.
    Did you include in addition to the default imperial.pid list, gm_dyncylair.dma pid? Include that pid in the next log.
    Gotta run, exhaust shop appt for my Tahoe.
    Easy on that right foot, man!! Lol
    So i tried the new tune & it feels better in mid range. I need to go log it real quick. How do i do this CALC_VET? Ive read the tutorials but i'm not getting it. lol
    2014 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4
    5.3L 6 speed
    S&B Cold Air Intake
    3rd CAT & Muffler Delete
    Royal Purple Fluids

Default Spark Log

New tune & log file guys. Shes gettin better everytime! Still cant spin the tires but starting to bark them!! Low end is better but wanting more & more take off. mid-high ramge is amazing!! Thanks again to everyone who helped me out!! Learning a few tricks finally!!

LS1BKyle_Modded_New Tune.ctz

Spark Log.efi
    2014 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4
    5.3L 6 speed
    S&B Cold Air Intake
    3rd CAT & Muffler Delete
    Royal Purple Fluids

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast