Thread: Recalculate Timing Correction Table / Multipliers

Default Recalculate Timing Correction Table / Multipliers

Hey, just wondering how you guys are recalculating your main injection correction tables?

I made a calculator that compensates the correction tables according to the amount of base timing that has been added compared to stock. I do the recalculation at the max multiplier value (0.6) and then compare stock and modified side by side at different multiplier values and make modifications. So, when looking at base timing + effect of correction table at multiplier value 0.6 the stock and modified tables create the same timing. When comparing them at 0.25 or 0.4 they obviously do not match up so I play with the modified correction table until I find the happy medium between stock values and the modified correction table combined with the multiplier values.

I was just about to start building a table on excel as well. It's gunna take some time to get everything into it, but I want to make one so you can enter everything you want to do and it calculates everything that needs to be adjusted. Do you mind sharing your table with me? I'll help you along with my progress as well....

Main Timing Inj Correction Calc LBZ 5.zip

This is what I made but don't really use it anymore. If the base tune is running stock timing then I'd recommend leaving all the correction tables alone and letting the truck warm up on the base tune. Usually my base tunes have optimized timing so I'll look at the difference in timing of my base timing table and do some adjusting to the correction table. I don't really have to modify the lower rpm portion but if you've added 6* of timing in the middle of the table you would want to take some out of the correction tables so that you don't have excessive clatter when the engine is cold. If you are in the south this might not matter much but when its -40 you'll notice the excessive timing. Keep in mind the multiplier tables and their effect as well. Some guys will leave the correction table alone and just play with the multiplier tables.

I've purchase some tuning from a guy up here is Alberta, but I don't like how the truck shifts with switching between the different tunes. Now that I'm trying my own, I'm realizing that the whole DSP5 system isn't the best way to have the truck working properly. How can all 5 tunes work off the same multiplier tables and corrections?? I want to make a good single tune that is good for towing, daily driving with good power. If the corrections all work as these ecms are suppose to and change timing, boost, and fueling according to the conditions, wouldn't that be the best way to run the truck? Transmission learns one time and not having to learn every time you change the hp settings...

Best thing I've found on most tunes is to get rid of the crazy multiplication values on the maps used for a stock engine.
    Once you mod the timing with tuning, the compensation maps are totally wrong.

I usually build my compensation maps based on the mildest tune in the truck with the least amount of timing. I also set the timing correction maps to be ignored way faster during warmup than the stock values. In the winter this eliminates the common timing rattle most tuners experience.

This is the conclusion I have come up with lately... What I'm thinking is that the multipliers are mostly used for keeping smoke and emissions down to keep the dpf happy. Is there much of a point running a multiplier at all? Other than for initial cold startup? An maybe reducing timing when it's cold?