Thread: Getting Scanner to read Lambda

Default Getting Scanner to read Lambda

Hey guys. My brain hurts a little and need help. I have a feeling I am just overlooking something. I want to view my LM-2 as lambda on the scanner. It is going into my Ext.1 and is working properly when I choose WB02-LC11. I just cant seem to figure out the custom PID portion of everything. I want to log in lambda because now that I changed Stoich AFR in the tune to 14.27 for the wonderful E10 we have, now my BEN factor is way off cause commanded AFR is 14.27 which = 1 lambda. I am a fan of tuning with lambda vs AFR.

And then my next question, this system will only show me Commanded EQ or Commanded AFR, no Commanded Lambda. So what do I need to do, or what formula/custom PID do I need to convert either the commanded AFR or the commanded EQ over to lambda so I can use a BEN Factor for tuning.

This is a 05 5.3l by the way

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Guys

I posted this in another section cause Im not sure which one will get more hits.

Your calc pid would calculate lambda like this: {CALC.AFR_LC11}/14.7

The correction factor using commanded EQR is calculated like this: {GM.EQIVRATIO}*{CALC.AFR_LC11}/14.7

If you have an LM-2 you should try to get serial comms working.

More info: see post #1 of the Calc.VET thread

Thank you joecar. I had to order the serial out cable for the lm2 so I will make my own cable when it shows up. I have a buddy that does phone stuff so we will make a direct plug and play cable seeing how taq doesn't any more. I found a link a long time ago explaining how to do custom pids in the txt file but I can't find it any more. Would you happen to have a link explaining it all?

It is fairly easy to make a cable.

The calc_pids.txt file in post #1 of the Calc.VET thread is probably the easiest lesson on calc_pids...
    ( that calc_pids.txt file is already setup for getting serial comms lambda from wideband )

but, I'll see if I can locate the thread on calc pids.

Thanks! I already saved the calc_pids.txt the other day so i've got that set. Just wanted more info incase I want to make my own in the future. Just want to know the do's and don't. I got a custom pid to show up on the scan tool but it wouldn't log on the data page so I'd like to find out what I did wrong. Thanks again joecar.

It did not show up on the Data page...? Post a screenshot of the PIDs tab and Data tab.