Thread: Just a lot of problems with starting my tuning..

Default Just a lot of problems with starting my tuning..

I went to do a full re-flash on a friends LB7 to get him DSP5. Something went wrong with the burn and I'm pretty sure I crashed his ECU. I felt so bad that I even bought a bench harness from EFI Connection to try to restore his computer on a bench harness. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pcm error 1.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	171.8 KB 
ID:	16440Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pcm error 2.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	243.8 KB 
ID:	16441..

In the mean time my buddy bought a new ECU, same year truck 2004 LB7. He installed the ECU and the truck fired up right away, no VATS relarn needed. His security light stays on all the time. I tired to match the VIN with EFI Live and it gave me an error, said there was a communication problem.

What should be my next steps? I don't want to use another VIN License if I don't have to, is there any way to bring the original ECU back from the dead so I don't need to spend another $125?

If I can't use that ECU how would I match the VIN with the new computer so the security light goes off?

Thanks for the help.

Jake

The dealer will have to VIN match the ECM using the Tech II....
    On Edit: I don't see any reason why you can't restore the original ECM back to stock but this too may require dealer help as well or you can find a vendor who posses the right equipment to restore the ECM back to the original OS and VIN
    2004 GMC SLT LB7 CC Shortbed with Ranchhand Grill Guard; 273k+ miles
    4 KC off road light, Century Topper
    Hammer 4 Train Horns and Conductors Special at 150psi ; Westin Nurf Bars HypertechIII Powered 6.6 Dmax; Amsoil bypass filters & Amsoil in oil and tranny;Nicktane Fuel Filter, Scangauge II,Fumoto Valve, Active XM and Onstar,Protected by Viper and Tuned by EFI Live

EFILIVE can change the VIN number. Go into the scan tool, bidirectional, then change VIN.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.