Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VE SS - Mafless Issue

Default VE SS - Mafless Issue

I'm just curious about other peoples opinions here.

I have a 2009 VE SS Sedan Auto, and the wideband tuning has been for ve on a dyno, and the maf as well. Now I've tried various tunes etc, the problem I have is if I switch the car to mafless mode the auto's shift points go a little haywire, the on and off throttle is choppy and the timing goes nuts...... it can drop 20-30 degree's in an instant and also gain the same amount.

The car runs fine with the maf, but mafless it does weird things. Now some people do spark smoothing, remove torque management and all the rest of it to get the mafless to run correctly, but it will never even doing that drive as well as a maf setup......

I read on the forums on here about the torque co-efficents being out ...... would that also explain the odd timing drops etc?

It's like the car WANTS to know MAF readings..... to control torque and timing and all the rest and by removing it, it just craps out......

Really to convert it to mafless we really should be able to just turn off the maf without needing to change other things because if the fuel and airflows etc are right, it should be fine, you shouldn't have to remove all the torque management and all the rest.

First point, "spark smoothing, remove torque management and all the rest of it" has nothing to do with getting mafless to run correctly.

Without logs and a copy of the tune, it's pretty hard to guess at what is going on. Chances are though, that the tune is just not quite where it needs to be. Post a log of the issue and a copy of the matching tune and we should be able to work out what is going on.

Simon.

Completely stock tune. Upgraded OS, MAF correctly disabled, VE correctly dyno tuned........

Works fine if I plug in the maf, unplug it....... it's dropping spark, having gear change issues, bucking throttle with timing etc....... You dont need a log. Imagine 'normal' then imagine 'chaos' ........ no tune changes, no reason for it...........

Well, it's not a stock tune, you've changed it and the log data shows the problem much better than your explanation.

You could say that you are actually using HPT and can't get any help on their forum, but the fact still remains, without a copy of the tune and a log, it's going to be pretty hard to help you out. Then again given I don't have HPT, it's going to be pretty hard even if you supply the data. Someone else may be able to help, though it's pretty funny that you have to come here for HPT support.

Due to HPT removing the VVE table and replacing it with a static VE table, there is very little that you will be able to get from here. I'd stick with your thread over at HPT and hope someone helps you out there. Because once you hack the OS that much, it's very possible that you have to disable lots of other stuff that is now broken

AS far as EFILive goes, you just disable the MAF, dial in the VVE and it all just works. So well that I can swap between MAF and MAF less by just pulling the MAF plug, not tune reflash.

Post tune and log files... (yeah, post HPT files, everyone has downloaded their demo mode software).
    Last edited by joecar; March 29th, 2014 at 05:15 AM.

+1 what swingtan said, when VVE is correct, just unplugging the MAF causes no drama.

Lifetime Member

agreed
    "Just a tune > yeah right !!!! "

Alright, I attached both a log and the tune, but the tune does not have the VE table I'm using I put the stock VE table in...... clearly so nobody flogs it.

Ones a rar file, the other a zip....... long story, efi forum and file size restrictions on upload size.......

But you'll see what I mean..... The tune file is stock virtually.... apart from the ve tune and maf disable etc
    Attached Files Attached Files

lol at flogging vve table... hahahahahahahahaha

We want to see your actual tune file that your run in your car (including VE table)... anything else is just theoretical.

So what if we flog you over your VE table (lol, I had not thought of that)

I'm sure we won't (everyone here is very constructive), but if we do I'm sure you won't mind since we're actually trying to help you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast