Thread: H1 Alpha Duramax Hummer DSP5 issues....

Default H1 Alpha Duramax Hummer DSP5 issues....

Hey guys, been working on an H1 Alpha Hummer with a Duramax in it. Its a 2006 LLY, but has the older Delphi LLY ECM in it. I read the stock tune out and attempted to modify it with a DSP5. Everything flashed ok but when I took it out to drive it the DSP tunes would have a dead pedal. The main tune ran just fine. So, I decided to try a 15231600 OS out of a 2005 2500HD since it was the same OS as the Hummer. It also flashed ok and all my tunes ran just fine. Then came another issue, I had no Coolant or Trans temp gauge and no oil pressure gauge. The one and only difference in the 2 OS's is that the segments are definitely different between the 2. Has anyone else ran into this? The customer isnt really concerned but I want to make this DSP5 capable. Here is the stock tune out of the Hummer JustinMasterson_H1AlphaHummer_stock_tune.tun
    -Danny-

"Napalm"........'03 LB7 Ext Cab 2wd, Spiral Grey Metallic, lowered, Fuel Rampage wrapped in Nitto 420S, Stainless Diesel S475 5-Blade over stock.

If it is a DELPHI ECM, then it is an 04.5-05 LLY. The 06 LLY was a detuned LBZ with a BOSCH ECM. As for your problem, you need to find one with segments that will work. With the LB7/LLY platforms it is CRITICAL to have the correct OS to work with the truck your working with. And in the case of a swap it could get real tricky finding a tune to work with it. If everything worked with one tune except for the DSP5 portions, then I would try and redo the DSP5 conversion on it and go over the tune file again to make sure you didn't overlook something. Sometimes the DSP5 conversion doesn't always take when you save it, ran into this a few weeks back on an LB7.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.