Thread: Registering my EFI

Default Registering my EFI

I got my EFI Live Comm. a few days ago. I have 1 million questions but will limit them to just a few right now
    1. I registered my software, I think. I still get a "UNREGISTERED VERSION" warning when I try and play with a downloaded tune from this forum. I checked the register block, tab 1, and all my info shows up. I have not downloaded the tune from my truck yet but have logged a couple times. So,...How come I'm not registered?

2. I also only received one licence paper in my kit. Am I supposed to get two or does that one "key" I registered with give me 2 PCM's to write to? The license manager shows blank on the #2 tab

3. All the tutorials on this forum I have clicked on are broken links. I cant even set up my dash boards. I figured out how to log by clicking on every button I could until I got it right. Is there a place that will show me the BASICS on this program?? I would like to play with small things like tranny shift pressure and maybe fatten up the fuel in a few cells where I saw KR (2.4*) at part throttle (1900rpm) maybe even adjust the idle air control etc. But I want to be a lot more comfortable before I start writing to the PCM.
    Thanks!
    Only 999,997 questions to go.....
    Chris

1. You need to register with your cable attached I think. Also register while in the car and read your whole pcm out. Should be perm then.
    2. One license will do 2 pcm's take a look in the tune tool under licensing. You should see 2 slots available.
    3. Use the tutuorials under help in the software, they are pdf files, so you will need acrobat reader.

Also try searching rather than following links, check the stickies too. Dashboards should be good as the default ones. Maybe just check the path to them in the "folders" properties in the scan tool. Their location changed recently.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

What year of vehicle do you have by the way? I think you will get the unregistered version deally bob when you start up the software unconnected to the Flashscan as if you just downloaded the software and were "trying it out." Try starting the software with your FlashScan connected to your computer. Note the Flashscan does not have to be connected to the car- just to your usb port. As Ringram said tho, go ahead and read your calibration with the Flashscan.

2000 Silverado Full Size 4x4: Forged 6.2, H/C F1R Procharger
    98A4 Z28: 02 PCM H/C Forged 347, 9" Moser 3.73
    V1 V2 99+up RR COS #5 OLSD Dual Stg N20
    www.efialchemy.com
    www.greatamericancarwar.com