Thread: Links to widebands that will work with Flashscan/EFIL please

Default Links to widebands that will work with Flashscan/EFIL please

Links to widebands that will work with Flashscan and/or EFIplease?

I seem to be in the market for one, and would like to be able to integrate it with the other data collected.

Thanks,

Dan
    2001 Trans-Am - A4 w/2.73
    Current Mod List
    Best 1/4
    N/A - 12.56@110.51
    N2O - 11.43@123.66 100 shot

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

EFLive FlashScan is compatible with any wideband system that has a controller that outputs an analog voltage that is proportional to the AFR that ranges from 0 to 5V (or less - i.e. 0-1V is ok as well).

The personal (handheld) FlashScan unit will integrate up to two analog signals, the workshop (desktop) FlashScan unit will integrate up to 4 analog signals.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    EFLive FlashScan is compatible with any wideband system that has a controller that outputs an analog voltage that is proportional to the AFR that ranges from 0 to 5V (or less - i.e. 0-1V is ok as well).

The personal (handheld) FlashScan unit will integrate up to two analog signals, the workshop (desktop) FlashScan unit will integrate up to 4 analog signals.
    Let go on the assumption I know nothing about a wideband sensor :wink: So what you saying is that I will have to attach a 9 pin serial connector (pinned out in a certain way) and Flashscan will read the serial port?

Will this one work Or is it over kill?

Quote Originally Posted by DebianDog
    Let go on the assumption I know nothing about a wideband sensor So what you saying is that I will have to attach a 9 pin serial connector (pinned out in a certain way) and Flashscan will read the serial port?
    No.

Wide band O2 sensors have a "controller" which is an electronic box that controls the actual wide band sensor in the exhaust and converts the voltage from the sensor into "normalised" (i.e. AFR) values.

The controller may have a serial output that can be logged by a program reading the serial port. That is not what EFILive FlashScan uses.

The controller will usually also have an analog voltage output that outputs a voltage that varies according to the AFR. It is this analog voltage that EFILive's FlashScan interface cable will log.

The FlashScan cable has 2 analog to digital converters that are used to convert analog voltage signals into digital numbers. Those numers will be embedded into the EFILive data stream and will represent the wide band AFR.

Origianlly we did intend to read the serial data stream for the WO2 controllers - but that meant writing seperate data capture configurations for each different type of wideband. And then the only thing that EFILive could integrate would be the WO2's for which we had written the configurations.

With the new FlashScan you can log *any* 5V signal from any type of sensor or controller - not just wideband. So if you had a dyno that output an analog voltage representing torque your could plug that into the flashscan unit as well. Then you could log ALL EFILive data plus Wide band plus Dyno power at the same time in one integrated data stream.

Regards
    Paul

You should check with the manufacturer, that the "auxilliary output cable" is a 0-5V or 0-1V AFR output. If so then it should work.

We have not tested it but I believe a number of EFILive users have that unit - so we will work very hard to make sure it is supported.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky
    We have not tested it but I believe a number of EFILive users have that unit - so we will work very hard to make sure it is supported.
    Great! Is there a place where I can find links to tested/approved widebands? Or wll they be listed in the Flashscan manual when it is released?

WE probably won't go so far as to list "approved" wide band units. That implies the ones that we don't list as not approved - which may not be the case.
    We hope to test the major/popular brands and publish the results at a later stage.
    Paul

That one seems quite popular, ask around the various LS1 forums as to what people think of it. It also has a configurable voltage output that could be used with FlashScan. We may need to do some testing to come up with the best configuration for that unit as it appears you can change that output to any values you like.
    Without getting too technical it would be better to represent AFR's of say 10:1 - 20:1 across a voltage range of 0-5V rather than 0-1V.

To highlight the Vout Vs AFR subject, TechEdge has a good page on that -
    http://techedge.com.au/vehicle/wbo2/wblambda.htm

Thier WBO2 controller has a voltage output, and with graphs like they show it would be fairly simple to use with the FlashScan A/D inputs.