Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with vehicle staying running and cold starts without throttle aid...

Lifetime Member

Okay. I pulled this file from holdencrazy... which is a repository for stock tunes. It's the same OS and calibration as yours. It should be a good tune file.

Quote Originally Posted by statesman View Post
    Okay. I pulled this file from holdencrazy... which is a repository for stock tunes. It's the same OS and calibration as yours. It should be a good tune file.
    When I go to copy this to my flashscan V2 it says it is not supported by bbx flashing etc.

I don't have a laptop. How do I make this file usable, by the V2 handheld?

Edit: Nevermind I think I got it. Opened it in Tune program and saved as a ctz file instead of tun.

This should work correct?

From V7 tunetool, open the .tun file and save it as .ctz.

From V8 S&T, there's a tool to convert the .tun to .ctz.

I did the Full flash with this file, then the cal flash with the most recent Mod9 file posted, then the TPS reset.

And here is the log afterwards:

LS1B_0553.efi

Not the results we were looking for at all. In fact went in the opposite direction on drive-ability.

Lifetime Member

Okay, I've looked at your log and it did fix the problem of your TC randomly adding air. Now we'll have a better chance of tuning out your surge. Do a log with the original pids you were logging... with the pids I listed in post #14... and log LTFT's instead of WB since you're in CL now.

Also, read the tune back out of your PCM... save it as "GoodOS" and post it up with your next log.
    Last edited by statesman; May 9th, 2014 at 05:54 PM.

Okay, I've looked at your log and it did fix the problem of your TC randomly adding air. Now we'll have a better chance of tuning out your surge. Do a log with the original pids you were logging... with the pids I listed in post #14... and log LTFT's instead of WB since you're in CL now.

Also, read the tune back out of your PCM... save it as "GoodOS" and post it up with your next log.
    Ok here is the GoodOS file:

Good_OS_Mod9.ctz

I should be able to go back to the previous way of logging and get you some info later today.

I opened my throttle blade a little more because it was still not wanting to start on dead cold starts sometimes, then logged RAFIG, applied that rafig then with that slightly modified tune I made this log:

LS1B_0557.efi

Rafig tune on TB set screw adjustment:

Good_OS_Mod9_rafig.ctz

Lifetime Member

Your cold starts are always going to be problematic until you widen the IAC air passage in that TB.

Okay, here's Mod9.1. I called it 9.1 because it's only minor adjustments to Mod9. Small adjustments can do big things... sometimes.

This is just a spark adjustment to help focus your idle to the target speed.

Let me know how it goes.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Been following this and want to make a few comments based on my experiences.
    The size cam you are running should not be causing as much problem you are having. One thing I would do is cut the Base Spark back to about 19-20 degrees. Always include spark in your PID's. Your Idle Air numbers are just not big enough for a cam.....do you have a vacuum leak? Would explain all the surging. For better cranking add air in the Startup Friction Air table and then decay it faster. Crack your throttle screw to obtain near 0 IAC counts until you get the surging resolved and then set it to obtain 30-40 IAC counts under normal conditions.
    2002 Chevy truck, SCSB 2WD, Stroked LS3 w/Big Mutha Thumper cam
    2002SS Camaro LS7/427 with stock suspension setup
    2012 Chevy truck, SCSB 2WD, Magnaflow exhaust + K&N

Here is a log from today of your mod9.1 tune, but the wife was in the vehicle so had the a/c running most of the time:

LS1B_0563.efi

At the last couple minutes of the log is without a/c running for sure though if it makes a difference

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast