Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2009 Silverado 6 cyl Engine swap to 6.0 e-force SC setup issues

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    That is really weird, the injector pulsewidths diverge while in OL... the only thing that could make them diverge is the trims, but you're in OL.
    Yeah, someone else suggested a "hanging trim value" left over from the last Closed Loop session but that would actually make matters worse. I thought a re-flash into open loop would clear them, but perhaps not. My understanding is the PCM will increase the commanded PE value by the added percentage of fueling being applied (positive trims) just prior to the transition from Stoich to PE. That would result in the richer bank actually leaning out thus making the lean condition that much worse.

No matter how much you think you know and understand, there is always more questions and unknowns......I guess that's why I love the art of tuning :-)

Ed M

Have you played with the temps for the {C0404}-{C0405}.

Quote Originally Posted by c.u View Post
    Have you played with the temps for the {C0404}-{C0405}.
    No, thought disabling c0401 and c0402 would take care of that (didn't think MAF would be an issue) and weren't having p0101/0106 or 0121 codes but will try that this am when I get in.

Thanks,

Ed M

The truck is just going into limp mode due to airflow values exceeding the preset safety values set on the engine. I have emailed you the files with the fix. When you add a supercharger, you need to allow for more airflow or it will shut the blade, and go into REP . But since you didn't have the abs right, it was just acting in a different way.

I also made a few other changes to fix the other issues you will have next.

Im perplexed as to why you just didn't use the ecm and tcm that was ORIGINALLY on the truck, It would have done everything just fine.....
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Cat light off was also another issue. It was adding 22 deg of timing at that point from the looks of it.. ALSO you are no longer using a FPDM so the injector flow rate is confused. I fixed that as well.
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Interesting, will look into that, I have a tendency to increase the PE ramp rate a lot trying to preclude lean spots....maybe I go too far. Will check that out as well. Always assumed it was caused by the instantaneous change in fueling as it usually took 300-500 ms. to catch up.

Ed M
    Hi Ed,

When it misfires, the oxygen is un-burnt and registers on the wideband as a lean spike (regardless of how rich the fuel may be).

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post

No matter how much you think you know and understand, there is always more questions and unknowns......I guess that's why I love the art of tuning :-)

Ed M
    +1 always something new to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    The truck is just going into limp mode due to airflow values exceeding the preset safety values set on the engine. I have emailed you the files with the fix. When you add a supercharger, you need to allow for more airflow or it will shut the blade, and go into REP . But since you didn't have the abs right, it was just acting in a different way.

I also made a few other changes to fix the other issues you will have next.

Im perplexed as to why you just didn't use the ecm and tcm that was ORIGINALLY on the truck, It would have done everything just fine.....
    For starters, the setup being tuned is what was delivered to us as a semi completed project or what we have so fondly named "Franken Truck" :-) Could you please explain the REP theory and where the ABS situation resides? When the lean conditions occur, the truck reverts back to drivability with no issue until you get back into MAP area's greater than 140sh.

We have other versions of the tune which set the MAF/MAP testing to the 512/256 max with no luck. Additionally we turned on the misfire codes/features to try and collect any misfires that may be attributing to this issue.

Don't believe the PE or Open Loop settings will effect this situation, correct?

The setup does not have the FPDM installed so will the desired Rail Pressure increase the flow at normal and low? and what effect would this have on our original IFR curve which led you to flat-line the Boost area? Assumption is the pump is fed direct from the 12vdc and not through the Duty cycle handler.

We thank you and all the others for your time and input.

Ed M

The fuel injector table you have "the one I changed" goes off of RAIL pressure, I didn't "change the boost area" if the injector, I just moved the values from 60psi down to the 0 psi area so that no matter what the computer thought was the fuel pressure, it would use the right values for your fuel injector.

As for the reduced engine power, That is a known thing. IF you put a super charger on an engine with electronic throttle, and you exceed an airflow amount, it will shut you down.

The Problem is still there I take it after the tune?

If so, remove the mass air meter, and watch your fuel of course, but see if it still does the same thing.

It could be a simple fix of just putting in a 2 bar map sensor and fixing the map scaling.

The abs issues, and your BTM stuff are just because you are using the wrong computer setup and the values are missing on the data bus and or are wrong for the different controller match up.

Default 4/21/14 Update

Just a quick update, we have tried all the above as well as a few other tricks (increased fuel pump to 90 psi, 2008 PCM and OS from a ...4088 to a ..7631) and we are still experiencing the lean events shown in the above logs......very frustrating for sure.

I am away for a week of R&R, hope either you guys figure it out or the time away helps develop a new thought process.

Here is a log from today after we installed the higher capacity pump. Expecting a 30% increase, I cut the MAF before the initial log by 30%......results showed the AFR to be 30+% lean.....agggggggh how could we add fuel pressure, not change the IFR and not have to decrease the MAF???? Ended up putting back almost all of it to get back to +/- 5% error.

Thanks for the looks,

Ed M

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12