Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
x86 sucks which is why majority of phones are ARM based.
No ARM Is cheaper, money dictates a lot of the choices.

I hope the new owners enjoy porting it because I can't see Paul EVER doing that, and anyway for what distro? There is only what 1,000 to choose from now

Google has influenced a lot of the kernel development lately so Linux is becoming more Android than you think.
There is not a thousand, Ubuntu, Fedora, opensuse, are your top 3, Debian and Slackware main OS, now many winders is there now Vista, 7, 8,8.1--

Common sense plays a big part in how safe your computer is too and how much market share something has. If (a big if) OSX or Linux had a 89%+ market share on desktops like Windows does then hackers would be all over them too.
I'm not an MS fan boy but the alternatives offer no real reason to switch.
That logic is so outdated it is funny, Android has a lot of the share of the market and OSX is Unix based, oh how I weep for the uninformed. I don't use one line of code for anti-virus, you?
So stay stuck in the mud I have moved on from Winders, enjoy the basking in Gates quagmire.
Only thing that keeps me on Winders is EFILive, I have to have Winders to run it properly, see my market share point.