Thread: T43 checksum error

Default T43 checksum error

I have a T43 in a 6l80 2011 behind a 5.3 that I cannot load the stock or modified tune. I get a checksum error at the end. I have seen where other tuners can cause a problem somewhere in the tune. I had a Diablo but sold that thing to get a EFI Live. I am guessing this is the problem since nothing will load but I can pull the tune. I have attached the stock and modified tune if anyone can take a look. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by jims68 View Post
    I had a Diablo but sold that thing to get a EFI Live. I am guessing this is the problem since nothing will load but I can pull the tune.
    That is indeed the issue, what Diablo do messes with EFILive flashing, attached is your modified tune fixed so it will work.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Is this something that can be taken care of in V7 tunetool or V8 flashing or V2 BBF...?

( my customer keeps coming up with broken-checksum E38 and T43 files )

What Diablo have done is add in some additional data to keep the CVN the same on an altered tune, problem is the 'normal' checksum calculation does not see that additional data and therefore assumes the checksum is wrong.
    It is a pain as we do get at least one person a month getting caught out by this, but at the same time I don't want to have to rewrite the bootloaders to account for what is essentially a non standard problem.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Yes, it is a pain... my customer says he gets his files from GM TIS (so I don't understand)... I find that V7 flashes those files ok, but V8 and V2 BBF both complain about the checksum and result in engine no-start.

Thank you Thank you! I will flash it when I get back home.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Yes, it is a pain... my customer says he gets his files from GM TIS (so I don't understand)
    That definitely doesn't make sense.