Hi All,

We need to bring to your attention an issue that recently came about so you can avoid a disaster.
For some time we've had reflash failures on E38 ECM's that have previously been tuned with Diablo, it is not necessarily something they are doing wrong, in fact the cause of it is a trick they are using to make the CVN's appear stock. The problem is this is confusing our reflash bootloader when it validates the checksums at the end of the flash. It thinks something is wrong and won't allow the ECM flash to finalise, it is something we've been manually fixing for E38 users as it doesn't happen too often, however today we had the first E92 ECM file sent to us that had been previously flashed with Diablo. So I wanted to see if we were going to suffer the same problem, well unfortunately when the flash completed the ECM bricked itself, I have no idea why and we have no possible way to recover it (the E92 is welded closed!).
Rather than create a pile of E92 doorstops we are going to put a check in the V8 software that will display if the file should be flashed or not. EFILive will not cover any costs involved should an ECM be bricked when it is clear the ECM was previously tuned with Diablo.
Until this update is out with the file warning I would suggest being very wary of any previously tuned E92's, if in doubt have the ECM returned to stock with TIS2WEB.

We had E92 flashing done in May 2013, there has not been one report of a failed ECM in this time so our system is very robust, please don't panic, just be diligent if you think the ECM has been modified before.

Cheers,
Ross